Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Which brand of pants has the best fit for curvy women?

I've been on a hunt for good black pants for several months now, and I am getting really fed up. So far, I've tried and rejected pants by:

Tory Burch Tropical Wool Pants
    Theory, probably this model
    Boss, probably this model
    Lafayette 148 New York, tried them at Nordstrom, think this model
    Classiques Entier Flare Leg Stretch Wool Pants
    Chloe Straight Leg Wool Pants
    Bally Straight Leg Pant
    several Brooks Brothers trousers

I have 2 more pants on the way, but am not holding my breath that they will fit right:

Banana Republic Jackson fit lightweight
    Chloe Wide Leg Wool Pant

All the pants that I tried were too tight in the hips and at the same time too big in the waist, which is not really surprising since I measure 2 sizes larger in the hips vs. waist. I am currently wearing trousers that are too big in the butt and waist since I lost weight, and it's not a pretty look, unfortunately. So I am mostly sticking to skirts and dresses. I've had the best luck with Italian brands with skirts so far.

I don't mind paying up to $200 for a pair of pants since I'd wear them at least weekly, probably more in cold months, but cheaper would be better of course. I don't mind getting the pants altered, but prefer not to stray too far from the original cut as I don't have an awesome taylor.
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm the same shape as you. I was just trying on pants yesterday and had luck with the BR Jackson's. They do free hemming. So does The Limited and they have a cut that is also for a more curvy fit. They ate having a sale buy 1 get 1 50% off.

In the past I've had luck with Eddie Bauer Blakely fit. Their trousers are a good quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

ltmommy is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I have a similar shape, and a similar problem finding pants that fit. Most of the pants I have tried haven't been quite as high-end, but I have generally had good luck with the Banana Republic Jackson fit - my only gripe is that they have seriously scaled back their selection in that fit in the past year or two.

It's not that I wouldn't pay more for designer pants that fit - it is that I think that the high-end designers are less apt to acknowledge that some of us have curves!

Consequently, I would have to say that most of my dress pants are Julie fit from LOFT. They are definitely not as high quality - I prefer J. Crew, Banana, Canvas - but they do fit better than most, and since you can usually find them on sale, it is not such a huge deal if they only last a year or two.
    Leslie
    DD 7.04
    DS 4.07

I have a pair of wool trousers from Eddie Bauer that fit well--I have the same shape.

Catherine

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Try the Limited. Not as fancy as your choices but I think they ate nice and fit well.

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

First of all, you have to let go of the expectation that pants will fit your body type off the rack. You will have to pay for tailoring if you have a wide hips-waist ratio. Get pants that fit your hips and legs well, and then take them to a tailor to get them fitted better in the waist.

I personally like the pants at The Limited and the Cassidy cut fits my curvy self well.
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Another fan of The Limited, and I would try Ann Taylor as well. What about using a personal shopper at Nordstrom?
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Have you tried Talbots curvy fit?

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I was going to say BR Jackson fiit. I have a small waist ( although prob not as much of a waist/ hip difference as you) and they fit me really well. So many pants these days sit lower, so the "waist" is cut larger, which I hate.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

I also have the same shape, but I'm larger than you are. I've liked curvy options at BR and AT, Boden is nice as well, but my absolute fave is Talbot's curvy fit. Yes, I know, Talbot's screams "old lady", but their pants fit me. I've tried many "curvy" options over the years and throughout my body's various sizes and they're the only brand that fits - perfectly waist and hip - off the rack. I figure if the rest of my outfit comes from elsewhere it doesn't matter where the pants come from
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast