♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default so excited, today my DS..

....said he wanted to wear underwear and then actually peed IN THE POTTY!!!

for the past several months DS has been VEHEMENTLY opposed wearing underwear...he would start to cry if we even suggested it, or if we even asked if he wanted to sit on his Bjorn potty (collecting dust for months now). The vast majority of kids in our playgroup were PTed before 2.5 (some even closer to 2) and i think DS was only one of 2 that was not PTd before 2.5. I figured why push it though..i had DD to deal with too and I don't have time to sit around all day wrangling a naked kid to sit on the potty. but now DD has decided she likes to sit on her Bjorn lil potty and then DS decides he wants to sit on his (Bjorn potty with insert) too

but today he was sitting on the potty naked, willingly (he didn't want to put a new diaper on after i took the old one off) and then i saw a pair of THomas underwear on the floor next to it..i know i didn't put it there (they had been stashed in a drawer in his room for MONTHS)..so I asked him about it and he said "I took it out. I want to wear it. " When i asked him if he wanted to wear a diaper, he said no (!!)

So i said he could wear the underwear, and then he was sitting on the potty on and off..then when i was putting DD to bed (or i should say, attempting to, DD screamed through most of her naptime) i heard it say he went in the potty, and he did! He soaked the underwear of course (i don't think he understood the concept that you have to pull down the underwear before peeing on the potty) but at least all the pee went into the potty, and he seemed to understand the idea that underwear was different from diapers, and he had to make pee/poo on the potty.

I can't believe it! Of course this is JUST after I ordered a new rockets/space Bummis diaper cover on Amazon (LOL). Well at least DD (wears same size prefolds) can use it
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 07-25-2012 at 03:41 PM.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Congrats! What a big boy your DS is, Ms. P! I hope he's very proud of himself, because you sure sound proud of him. (Confused, too, but definitely proud.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

YAY for your DS. So jealous. My dd is still in the vehemently opposed phase. She is talking about the potty more though so I am hoping she might decide to actually use it one of these days.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Such an exciting (and painfully slow)time! My DS2 just started wearing unders this month also, but he hasn't figured out the poo thing yet. Ask me how much fun that is.