Default any tips on keeping 3 year old in her own bed

At my wits end with my 3 year olds sleep. She sleeps from 7 to about 10 or 11 and then wants to climb into my bed. She had done this for about a year but it was closer to 3 or 4 am which I really don't mind but I can't take her up this early every night.
    I walked her back to bed without speaking to her like the nanny on tv always said but 1 hour of that every minute last night till 1 am was enough for me. help!

blue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

So far I use door knob covers similar to this one here to keep my 3yr old in his room at night. He can unlock the front door (located very close to his room), but has not tried hard enough to get the covers off yet. I plan on duct taping the cover together soon (it comes in two parts) before he figures out that the cover snaps apart.

Some people are not comfortable with door knob covers and locks on kids doors, if you are not I have also heard mentioned on here the OK to wake alarm clock. and similar products.

You could also keep up with your current approach to redirect back to bed every time and hope it sinks in soon. Good luck!
    DS1
    DS2
    DD1

I used the door knob cover, too for my son's own safety. He was going down to the kitchen and climbing up on countertops to help himself to food! What is your DD's issue? Does she miss you? Does she want to stay up late? You can try instituting "checks". Tell DD she can stay up as late as she wants, but she needs to follow 3 rules. She must stay in bed, with lights off, and she must be quiet. You will come in every (choose your interval) to check on her, but only if she stays quiet, in her bed, with lights off. The removal of pressure by not needing to go to sleep, and the reassurance of the "checks" should help. The door knob cover will solve the physical problem, and the other stuff should solve the emotional problem. Good luck!

A little update: I ran out and bought the Teach Me Time alarm clock. I also am using the "I'll check on you approach" and they've helped!

At this point, DD2 is waking up aroud 10:30/11, calling for us, I go in and tell her I'll keep checking on her, and she has stayed in bed, fallen back asleep and not come in until the clock turns green!

But the biggest thing is that all the drama is now gone! No more crying and carrying on about wanting to sleep in our bed and no more coming in every minute for hours.

Thanks for your help!