Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We are migrating from camelback straw cups (all stainless minus the straw) to kleen kanteen
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

mypa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by craftysierra View Post
    Twice I have sent off our funtainers to thermos after calling for an authorization. (it has been about 2 years since I have done it) You pay the shipping of the bottles to them and they come back new. Worth a call if you like the containers.

Sierra
    Please explain! How did you do this? Were the bottoms broken and they told you to ship it to them and they fixed it?

So far, I have replaced the lids at my cost (to change out the old lids to the new ones) and received 1 replacement lid when it broke (lid wouldn't stay closed). But I have 1 w/ a broken bottom (plastic ring) and wasn't sure if that could get fixed.
    Mary

DS Summer '05
    DD Fall '08

Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have now retired all our Funtainers and have switched to kid sized Contigos from Costco. They don't leak at all and have been solid. The only catch is that we tried the grown up Contigo water bottles for the kids (so we could all just have the same ones) and 2 have cracked in the exact same spot which means they are not usable. I think they have a weak spot at the top so if you keep hitting the hook/handle thing, it will crack along the top of the bottle.

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2