Default I'm getting realllllllllly frustrated.

So no weight has been coming off. None.
    I started bootcamp 2x a week a month ago, adding it in to my daily 2 mile walk with the dogs.
    I'm fairly restrictive with my calorie intake, pretty much eating the same thing daily for breakfast and lunch, rotating dinners.
    And since I've started bootcamp, which is supposed to burn about 600 calories per session, I've lost a grand total of nothing.
    Nothing.
    And I don't know what I'm doing wrong or not doing right, but I'm really, really frustrated.
    Just had to put that out there.
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I recently started trying harder to make my calories count. When I did MFP, so long as I came in at goal, that's all that mattered even if it was made up of ice cream. . I've tried to think of more nutrient dense, filling foods (for me that means some trail mix vs some crackers).

Can you do 3x week boot camp? If not, add more weights other days. Do you belong to a gym? Body Pump is a great calorie burner plus weights.

Finally, how's your thyroid? Diet and exercise don't do anything for me if my thyroid is off (I'm hypo).

((((((hugs))))). It's crazy frustrating. Just remember that you are at least healthier, if not skinnier, right?

That is normal for starting out a workout. Often people gain weight too at the start, talk about demoralizing. Muscles actually hold onto more fluid as they repeat themselves after starting a workout regime, etc. Don't give up and try not to look at the scale. I had the same experience after starting with a trainer and it is totally crushing. But about four weeks in there was a big drop and I'd lost inches too. Hang in there!

SnuggleBuggles, I am going to try to add in another bootcamp workout. This is really the first week where I didn't feel like my body needed two days to recover from the workout. I do MFP, but that's a good idea about looking for more nutrient-rich food rather than things like the mini-rice cakes I've been eating. I've recently found that a small can of V8 (30 calories) is a really good snack for me, so I've been trying to have one of those around 4 when I get hungry.
    HannaAddict, I'm tryyyyyyyyyying to not get frustrated, but it's so hard! I've been at this awful weight for a while, and it feels like nothing is making a difference.
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

Try and get more protein versus calorie rich carbs that don't last like rice cakes. Hard boiled eggs, Luna Bar, peanut or sunbutter, laughing cow cheese wedge, hummus, etc. V-8 is good but even low sodium has a lot, so can have water retention do scale doesn't move. Keep drinking lots of water, I add lemon or cucumber slices. It is really hard and feels like a such a ripoff when you are eating healthier and working out like a fiend and the scale mocks you!

ETA. Seconding the other poster, my trainer also says the online estimates for how many calories burned are way off, cut what they say in half. My hour of non-stop cardio and weights is no more than 300 calories, a grande latte or small salad. Sorry, but might help explain no large weight loss yet.
    Last edited by HannaAddict; 07-28-2012 at 05:49 PM.

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm not trying to pee on your Wheaties here; but I have a hard time believing the 600 calories an hour at boot camp. The estimates I've calculated for circuit training are under 400 a hour. I'm tempted to get one of those personal metabolism trackers because of all the different estimates I find for various exercises. Either way, it's hard work and try not to get discouraged. I agree to add another high intensity cardio workout a week to lose weight.
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I think that you need to add in more exercise days. The only way I can lose wt is by exercising 5-6x a wk. Yeah, it sucks, I know. When I *only* exercise 3x a wk, I don't lose the wt (I just maintain my wt) and yes, this is in addition to eating healthy diet and charting it on MFP.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Two thoughts.

1. To lose weight I had to work out for about an hour for 6 days a week. I was burning approx. 500 cals a day. I find the MFP estimates pretty accurate, so I would use those.

2. Also, how many calories do you have "left" in MFP at the end of the day? I would basically eat up to my allowed limit. If I ate much less I ended up in "starvation mode" and my weight loss would plateau.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am in the same boat! Been doing Boot Camp since January and tend to lose more actual lbs on the "off" weeks. I only have 1 more week of BC left and i'm done, so we'll see how well I keep up with it in my own.

I totally feel your pain!

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    Two thoughts.

1. To lose weight I had to work out for about an hour for 6 days a week. I was burning approx. 500 cals a day. I find the MFP estimates pretty accurate, so I would use those.

2. Also, how many calories do you have "left" in MFP at the end of the day? I would basically eat up to my allowed limit. If I ate much less I ended up in "starvation mode" and my weight loss would plateau.
    #2 was going to be my question. A lot of people think I'm crazy, when I bring it up, but often it makes a difference. Your body needs fuel & if you're not giving it enough, it will hold onto every last bit that it can. So, while you want to limit your calories to nutrient rich foods (lots of protein) you also want to make sure that you're getting enough calories for the work that you're doing. Give that a try for a week or two and see if that helps.

Also, no matter what you do - take your measurements! Even when the scale is stagnant, you will often see results in lost inches, and lets face it...that's more important than any dumb number on a scale!

Good luck!
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009