View Poll Results: what's the most you've spent on a handbag?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • $100 or less

27 24.11%
  • $101-$250

42 37.50%
  • $251-$500

25 22.32%
  • $501-$1,000

5 4.46%
  • $1,001-$1,500

6 5.36%
  • $1,501-$2,500

3 2.68%
  • $2,501-$5,000

4 3.57%
  • $5,001+

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

The most expensive purse I have ever bought cost me $60 - and it was at an auction for my dc's school. I would never spend that much otherwise. I generally spend less than $30, most of my purses coming from TJ Maxx.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've spent between $200-250, but I almost always buy on sale. I have several though
    shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I am a bit of a handbag snob. I love LV and Cole Haan bags. I also have some Gucci and Prada bags. Most of my bags were purchased pre-kids though since I had more disposable income then. The thing about nice bags is that they last a lifetime if you take care of them and always elevate the outfit. I mostly stick to CH these days because they are so practical and not that expensive. My latest bag is a Dooney & Bourke large florentine shopper and I love it. Totally worth the $. Bags and shoes are the things I love to splurge on.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    Just wondering. Most of the moms I know IRL seem to think it's downright sinful to spend more than $100 on a purse. I have definitely spent far beyond that (i LOVE bags). I sometimes feel bad, though unlike most moms, I don't have ANY expensive jewelry (other than my wedding rings, which were not expensive either), and DH & I have never gone on a "real" vacation in the past 4 years..so I don't think I'm THAT indulgent just wondering if there is anyone else out there that loves bags as much as me

poll coming.
    This describes me pretty well. I have a couple of nice pieces of jewelry besides my engagement and wedding rings, but they were all purchased pre-DD or given to me by my parents. We haven't taken a vacation since 2010 and we just replaced our 10-year-old tube TV with a flat screen this spring. So, bags and shoes are an area I will splurge on from time to time. I have an LV clutch (black Epi) and an LV handbag (white vernis), a black Ralph Lauren leather and fabric tote that I LOVE and use all the time, and a white Kate Spade shoulder bag. I also have a Banana Republic clutch, BCBG clutch, and Cole Haan clutch to round out the collection. However, all were bought pre-DD.

If I can ever stomach the price tag, I would love a Bottega Veneta shoulder bag or clutch some day.
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Pre-kids, I pretty much carried only Coach bags ($150-250 range).

AFter DD1, I didn't buy any fancy purses - in fact, stuck with my Overland Donner bag for probably waaay too long (like over 5-6 years.)

However, last year, DH & I were in Vegas for his birthday and on a whim, I went into the Tory Burch store (at 11:50pm!) I had been on a new bag hunt for a while, and found a nice red TB purse that I splurged on (close to $500.) Of course, DH jokingly complains that we went for his birthday, but I'm the one who came back with a new item.
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think the most was $325. I have a few in the $100-300 range. Now that I've taken the leap, I can really tell the difference in terms of the quality and look of the leather and take good care of them so they will last for years.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

I'm not really a bag person. I usually just have one that I carry all the time until I get tired off it. I have spent around $300 each for the last couple.

And aside, I can't imagine not taking any vacations. I would never go with an expensive handbag over vacation. Different strokes, I suppose.
    Sweetie Pies, DS 9/2004 & DS 4/2008

peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i love my LV, burberry, and gucci! if i like it and i have the disposbale income then i will buy it. i have tried to limit it to one really expensive purse per year post dd. i also agree with pp that a nice classic purse will always be in style. i have a few LVs from 15 years ago that still look great and i still use them on occassion (usually too small for all of dd's stuff she wants me to bring or she has "borrowed" them to go shopping with her babies).
    DD 2/09 - My sweet loving Spunky/Spirited child

Dh and ds bought me a lovely Kate Spade for my last birthday. I think it was around $350. Waaay more than I have ever spent on a bag. I think my max was about $125. I don't think it is sinful, just not willing to spend that much.

Catherine

ETA. Oh and I don't have expensive jewelry either. My wedding set is the most expensive jewelry I own and it is probably only worth a couple of thousand max. Nothing else was over around $300 retail and that would be just one or two thins with the rest in the under $100 range. No shoes over $159, most under $100. But I do like vacations.
    Last edited by crl; 07-30-2012 at 04:16 PM.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm not a purse person at all and I don't think I've ever spent more than $30 on a bag. I'm a SAHM though and the only time I take an actual purse with me is on my once a month date night with DBF. Other than that I've pretty much had a kid with me for the past 9 years (either my own or someone I'm nannying) so I've always just carried some type of diaper bag.

I've definitely spent over $100 on a diaper bag though and have several of them.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast