View Poll Results: what's the most you've spent on a handbag?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • $100 or less

27 24.11%
  • $101-$250

42 37.50%
  • $251-$500

25 22.32%
  • $501-$1,000

5 4.46%
  • $1,001-$1,500

6 5.36%
  • $1,501-$2,500

3 2.68%
  • $2,501-$5,000

4 3.57%
  • $5,001+

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Back when I had more disposable income Coach was about the best I could afford, so I'd go once a year or once every two years to the outlet that was a few hours away (yes, this was a LOOONG time ago!) and buy one nice Coach bag. They are classics and lovely and my sister is enjoying using them

Then we had Lula and went to one income and my shoe and bag budget went away. Boo. So I started buying cheaper bags. I have come to realize though that faux leather bags are not worth the money. They look cheap and crappy in just a few months of use, the linings don't hold up, the stitching frays, etc. etc. etc. I guess if I was getting decent quality for less then I'd be happy but seriously, it is NOT worth buying three $30- $50 bags at TJ Maxx a year.

A few months ago I bought a nice leather bag at Clark's. It is their Artisian line, so all leather, and it was a little over $100. It is lovely and I expect to get a ton of use out of it.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    I am a bit of a handbag snob. I love LV and Cole Haan bags. I also have some Gucci and Prada bags. Most of my bags were purchased pre-kids though since I had more disposable income then. The thing about nice bags is that they last a lifetime if you take care of them and always elevate the outfit. I mostly stick to CH these days because they are so practical and not that expensive. My latest bag is a Dooney & Bourke large florentine shopper and I love it. Totally worth the $. Bags and shoes are the things I love to splurge on.
    This is the mistake I made pre kids was not buying them, esp. the LVs, which prices on some bags have tripled in the last 10 yrs. due to the Euro. . I really regret not buying myself either the backpack or the 25 Speedy as my college graduation gift. The backpack was $500 or so, and I don't recall the price of the Speedy, but I believe it was about $250-350. I had never spent more than $75 on a bag then so that seemed like a total extravagence, and I was moving back to Nor Cal, and at the time (late 1999, no one under the age of 40 had an LV bag there; they were still a novelty item). Without sounding morbid I hope to inherit one of my Grandma's LV logo bags someday (she bought them (Alma, bucket, 25 and 30 Speedy) in the mid 80s in France).

I made the mistake of handbag shopping with DH once when I bought my Dooney backpack that I would never need to buy another purse because this purse would last a lifetime. He reminds me of that as well every so often (although he did buy me my two Seat Belt bags, and my Kate Spade Claire).

Love that Florentina bag (wish it came in other colors, but black though), I currently like this one from D&B, and the Coach Maggie (love the separate pockets) in metalic leather. I have always wanted a metallic purse, just never bit the bullet on one. I saw the Kate Spade Cobble bag in green the other day at Nordstrom and it is pretty.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3