Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We tried two bedwetting alarms with DS1. The Nighthawk one, which both vibrates and has an audible alarm. I helped a little, but DS is such a deep sleeper that he would take forever to wake up when it was going off so he and the alarm would still be soaking wet. One of the alarms stopped working and I opened it up and it had rusted from having so much pee on it!!!!!

What I found has completely stopped the accidents is this Bedwetting Hypnosis CD. At the time, DS1 (8 years old at the time) was having multiple accidents a week. I bought the cd almost 4 months ago and DS had an accident on the second night of listening to the cd. That was the LAST time he had an accident!!!!!! It will be 4 MONTHS next week with NO accidents! He still listens to it every night before bed, but he did stay at my mom's for a week over the summer and forgot to listen to it and still stayed dry. I was already a fan of hypnosis, but now I'm even more so. I really need to write a review on Amazon since there's only one review on there that's legit and the other is some random rambling review.

The cd says it's for ages 10-15 though. Not sure why. DS started listening to it at age 8 and I think that was fine.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1905557175

There is this other brand that says it's for ages 3-8 years old, but I don't know anything about it (it's an MP3 though, not a cd)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007YK09JG
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We are back on track!!!! She's been dry for 9 nights in a row

I was worried about that last set back heading into an exhausting first week of kindergarten. I thought for sure that she'd be so worn out from school that she'd have an accident from sleeping so soundly and going to bed about 45min earlier than she had been, but nope. She's doing great!

If she makes it just 5 more nights we'll be at the 2wk dry mark when they say it's ok to stop using the alarm. If that happens we'll have used the alarm for 6 wks all together but only had is trigger during the first 4wks. That would be so great!

ETA: thanks for following my updates. I figured I'd post a journal of sorts in case someone else down the line goes the alarm route and wants to know what to expect.
    Last edited by wendibird22; 09-10-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

great news!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Yay! Oddly, I look forward to your updates, lol. However, I have an older child who is still a bedwetter too, so that's why I am watching your experience closely.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Final update.

We are done with the alarm!!!! DD1 used it for a full 6 weeks, with weeks 5 and 6 being completely dry and no alarm sounding. Some nights she goes the entire night dry and asleep. Some nights she wakes up in the wee hours of the morning for a bathroom break. She's so proud of herself and of course we are of her. The first 2-3wks were challenging and a lot of wake ups for us all either from being wet or being to hyper vigilant and making 100 trips to the potty and telling us about each trip. But overall it was super easy and well worth the $100. I wouldn't hesitate to use it again for DD2 sometime in the future if needed.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Thanks so much for posting this. I remember reading it a few months ago. I took DD (6yrs) to the Dr. this past week to explore our options. We used meds with DD1 starting around age 6 or 7, but this ped is recommending the alarm. I am overwhelmed with which one to get and where to get it, but this review helped.

I hope things are still going well!

Good luck. Everything thing I read said the Malem brand is best. Outs was the single sound plus vibrate.

Here it is, 3 mos later and DD is doing great. Not a single accident. She holds it all night typically waking around 5am to go. Just the other night as I was tucking her in I was reflecting on how well the alarm worked in just a short time. I keep wishing I could use it with my 3yo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I am so glad you, "blogged" uour experience with this alarm. We have had it with ds2. Wearing a pull up doesn't even help, since he pees so much that it overflows anyway He is 7 and still wetting his bed. We've tried miralax and it doesn't seem to Be helping I'm thinking about convincing dh of getting this alarm. Ds3 is 3 and even he is better night trained than our 7 yr old and ds1 was night trained when he was 3, so it was a non-issue with him too.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Has anyone used the Chummie brand? I was just looking on drugstore.com since DH gets a Walgreens discount there, and they sell a brand called Chummie. The sensor doesn't clip to the underwear, but you attach it with tape, a bandaid, or sandwich it between two pairs of underwear. The best part is that it's eligible for FSA, and it says its covered under most insurance! The reviews on amazon are really good, specifically with the company. In the instances she people have left bad reviews, the CEO of the company is contacting them to help them. You can order replacement sensors, but many people have reported being sent replacement sensors for free if there is a problem. It seems to me that the flat sensor would be more comfortable than the clip on, and it seems that it would be more sensitive as well. I just called DH, and he said to get a prescription and he could run it through at Walgreens. I'll let you know how it works on Monday!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3