Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We live in LA and have annual passes to Disneyland.... thus we go often! We stayed in the Park Sheraton about 6 years ago (Dh had a convention) and it was a decent hotel. Right next door to the big Hilton hotel.

We very recently stayed at the Sheraton Anaheim (about a month ago) and while the location is cool, and the hotel exterior is fun (looks like a castle)... the hotel (well rooms specifically) STINKS (literally). We had a ground floor room initially and it smelled like a musty wet dog smell. came to find out the ground floor rooms are the "pet friendly" rooms so we asked to switch thinking it would help. The next room was 2nd floor and while it didn't smell like a wet dog anymore it still smelled musty. They must need new carpet or something.... the hallways didn't really small all that fresh either. We had brought a little fan (needed the white noise) and tried to open the window (only opens about 4 inches) to air it out while we were out for the evening .... it didn't really help. everyone was nice and the shuttle bus to the parks was nice to have but we won't be staying there again.

That said we really love the Disneyland Hotel ... but I know it can be expensive. They do offer AAA discounts if you wanted to consider it. They just finished MAJOR renovations and their beds/rooms are SO nice and comfy. Their pool area is awesome with the water slides etc. Our boys ask all the time when we can stay at the disneyland hotel again!

I have read reviews on trip advisor and a lot of people seem to like the doubletree.... just another option but not walking distance to D-land.

ebjw is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

[QUOTE=Tondi G;3568506]We live in LA and have annual passes to Disneyland.... thus we go often! We stayed in the Park Sheraton about 6 years ago (Dh had a convention) and it was a decent hotel. Right next door to the big Hilton hotel.
    QUOTE]

So what do you think about staying there? It's a 15-20 min walk from what I can tell. Is there a shuttle or another option besides walking?
    I had a feeling the castle Sheridan would be old and smelly like that. We're not staying there then, I know for a fact we will be miserable if it's like that.

We haven't booked our flights yet, which airport should we fly into?

Quote Originally Posted by ebjw View Post
    There's 3 main ones you can fly into: SNA (John Wayne), LAX, and LGB (Long Beach). That also happens to be my order of preference, personally!

SNA is small-ish. I hate how far you have to walk to get to ground transportation. Seemed to take f.o.r.e.v.e.r to get to the shuttles! But, it's quick and easy to fly into, and once you get to the shuttles, it's like 30 minutes to the hotels in the DL area.

LAX is huge, and, for me, the most intimidating. That being said, it was NOT as bad as I imagined. Bonus points for the celebrity sighting potential, and the generally lower prices for flights in/out of LAX.

I haven't flown into LGB.

For the record, JetBlue only flies into LGB, and Southwest only flies to LAX and SNA. Otherwise, no idea where other airlines fly!
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

[QUOTE=ebjw;3569068]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tondi G View Post
    We live in LA and have annual passes to Disneyland.... thus we go often! We stayed in the Park Sheraton about 6 years ago (Dh had a convention) and it was a decent hotel. Right next door to the big Hilton hotel.
    QUOTE]

So what do you think about staying there? It's a 15-20 min walk from what I can tell. Is there a shuttle or another option besides walking?
    I had a feeling the castle Sheridan would be old and smelly like that. We're not staying there then, I know for a fact we will be miserable if it's like that.

well it has been a number of years since we stayed at the Park Sheraton. We had a car so we just opted to drive to the parking structure and not deal with shuttles/walking. It is a decent walk but do-able.... just might be a bummer at the end of the day (if you leave the park close to closing time the local buses/shuttles will be very packed and you may end up standing around waiting for another shuttle). The pool is very simple (the pool at the sheraton Anaheim was nothing special either). I do remember that the Hilton next door has shuttle service and I believe you can pay for it ... as long as you are using it when people aren't pouring out of the parks at closing times it is great).

I have heard the Ramada Main gate is decent and conveniently located.

Personally ... if it were me and I could swing it, I would try to book the Disneyland Hotel. I've heard the Paradise Pier is fine too... it's their least expensive Disney Property. Pool is on the roof with a waterslide etc. It's a little farther of a walk but not bad.

I would fly into LAX or John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by ebjw View Post

John Wayne (SNA)! Love that airport. And it's close to Disneyland. I like LGB too. I avoid LAX at all costs unless it's an international flight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2