Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Coughing so Hard You Pee Yourself..

is not fun. I have had a sinus infection now for 3 weeks. It eventually moved to my lungs and I am coughing up GUNK. It is getting better this past week. But again, tonight, I was having a coughing fit and wet myself. Really??? This has never happened before but I haven't had this kind of cough before either---may this please all be over by next week!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That sounds awful! So sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you get better soon!
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

soon2b4 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Oh, so sorry!!!
    I hate that!
    I hope your recovery finishes quickly!
    Happily married to DH 01/96
    Mom to:
    DD1 01/04
    DD2 09/11

I'm so sorry. I just got over the "pee on yourself" cough! It sucks. I had to make sure I went to the bathroom frequently so I wouldn't pee myself from the coughing. I hope you are on antibiotics - and strong ones. I had to take a second round of a stronger antibiotic to get rid of mine. Feel better!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Peeing on yourself is so not fun. And neither are sinus infections. I hope everything clears up soon.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Thank goodness for strong antibiotics. I am now in the process of having everything drain out of my sinuses--so nice to be able to hear and not have plugged up ears!!! But the peeing myself--yeesh, talk about insult to injury!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    Thank goodness for strong antibiotics. I am now in the process of having everything drain out of my sinuses--so nice to be able to hear and not have plugged up ears!!! But the peeing myself--yeesh, talk about insult to injury!
    Sinus infections suck. They just sap all your energy. I'm sorry, yours sounds awful.

What's really not fair is that I had 3 c/sections and no vaginal deliveries. I've got the flappy hanging skin and serious scar to prove it. I thougt loss of bladder control came from vagInal deliveries. So I shouldn't have bladder control problems, should I? But i do. But it mainly happens when I'm laughing hard. Boy, I tell you, nothing sobers you up like visible urine pouring down your leg. So not fair.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Poise pads. Cave in and buy a box and you won't regret it! Just having that little bit of protection is huge.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    What's really not fair is that I had 3 c/sections and no vaginal deliveries. I've got the flappy hanging skin and serious scar to prove it. I thougt loss of bladder control came from vagInal deliveries. So I shouldn't have bladder control problems, should I? But i do. But it mainly happens when I'm laughing hard. Boy, I tell you, nothing sobers you up like visible urine pouring down your leg. So not fair.
    Interestingly, I went to a grand rounds a few years ago at the local medical school that was put on by midwives. They actually talked about studies that showed women with a history of surgical birth had higher rates of urine incontinent issues. Totally goes against mainstream thought that vaginal delivery is what messes with us down there!
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

I had two c-sections. I wear a thin maxi pad just in case! It's just one of the joys of motherhood .

I'm so sorry for your horrible cough! I hope it means you're on the mend!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast