Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by shmeetz View Post
    Wow - thanks everyone! So many suggestions and I'll have to look at that site as well. I'm guessing I also have to actually try them out to really know. Do the stores have these guys? Buybuybaby or babiesrus?
    The Buy BUy Baby by us carries Ergos, K'Tans, Bjorns and Moby wraps.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

If you have a bad back then don't use any carries that have the baby facing out. That will KILL your back. Parent facing carries are supposed to be more supportive for both your back and the baby's developing hips.

I also LOVE the Moby for the newborn stage. So, so comfy and worth going through the learning curve. I also am a big fan of the Beco, Boba and Kinderpacks.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeetz View Post
    Wow - thanks everyone! So many suggestions and I'll have to look at that site as well. I'm guessing I also have to actually try them out to really know. Do the stores have these guys? Buybuybaby or babiesrus?
    Also, depending on where you are in NY, you may be near a babywearing group that can help you try out a bunch of lesser-known carrier brands.

In the City, for example, there's one group that meets in Central Park regularly ... and they also run classes at Caribou Baby in Brooklyn.

You can usually find local groups by joining the (free) forums at The Babywearer and taking a look-see under the "local groups" forums:

http://www.thebabywearer.com/forum/
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2