♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Talking mark this day in history..

my toddlers saw me eating hummus on a GF cracker, asked me what it was, and asked to have some. and this is not just any hummus...ARTICHOKE KALAMATA OLIVE hummus!! i even warned them that they might not like it, it wasn't sweet, whatever. but they insisted. after they tried it DS said "MMm! it's like butter! " and had to have some more!!! DD too. :jawdrop: i was shocked. they ate so much of it...they would have eaten have the container if allowed!!

maybe the secret is to not put veggies on their plates, but just to eat it myself like it's some sort of treat, and they'll want to eat it?? hehe i tried to give steamed broccoli to DD the other day, and she chewed it, and then promptly spat it out and refused to try any more! Similar attempts to give veggies to DD have been a failure, so i was so shocked by this!! DS is better about eating veggies, but he is a major carb-lover and is always picky about not wanting to eat "green things" (even microscopic ones, LOL) in whatever he is eating so i was surprised by him too.

anywho, just had to share.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 08-08-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Woohoo! My DD1 adores hummus. She will eat tons of it. And whatever is on mommy's plate is always the yummiest.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yup, both of my girls will eat their weight in hummus and much prefer "mommy's crackers" (ie gluten free) than any other cracker in the house.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

fedoragirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

It has to do with mommy's plate. They always want what you're having.
    3 year old DD
    2 year old DS

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by fedoragirl View Post
    It has to do with mommy's plate. They always want what you're having.
    yeah, and the sad fact is that my preferred snacks are dark chocolate and peanut butter, instead of leafy greens. LOL