Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

And here's the mom on the go edition:

The formula of blousy tunic plus white jeans plus nude wedge sandals has become my summer uniform. And I can throw on a peacoat to transition into fall.

Also love to wear red pants (Gap boot trousers and Kut skinny jeans). Converse are my favorite MOTG shoe. And these Cole Haan black wedge sandals are so comfy.

I recently discovered that wearing capri leggings lets me wear dresses for MOTG without worrying about flashing anyone while I'm running around chasing the kids. This Michael by Michael Kors stretch jersey faux wrap dress is one of my new favorites for both work and play. This outfit is soooo comfy, it's like wearing pajamas!

I actually wore this outfit to work but it would work for MOTG as well. I think this is a very summer to fall outfit--the nude sandals and Anthro floral skirt say summer, whereas the color of the Splendid top and Fossil bag say fall.

Transitional dressing my dominant season since it's cold in the summer here with the fog, and mild in the fall/winter so I had plenty of pics to contribute!

Can't wait to see what everyone else posts! And I hope you aren't intimidated by my pics, it took me a year to get to this stage and it's a real hobby of mine. I recently showed some of my before and after pics in my blog--I didn't just start out dressing like this! I had a lot of help from the ladies at YLF. They're super nice and supportive--there are women of all ages, sizes, budgets, styles and stages in their style journey posting pics and helping each other out. I really love that place!
    Last edited by goldenpig; 08-10-2012 at 11:53 AM.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I knew I could count on Goldenpig to come and play!

Love the red pants. I used to have a pair, like a decade ago, I wish I still had them! And the Kors dress with the capri leggings is great. I have yet to do leggings. I should try.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Goldenpig you are adding fuel to the fire of my desire for an awesome leather jacket.
    And scriptkitten, I think I may have to try chopping up an old jean jacket too.

Here are some recent outfits that I could wear into fall probably.
    This is an H&M blazer. Random shirt from a shop in Santa Barbara. AG jeggings and Michael Kors sandals.

Untitled by ELEKTRA_09, on Flickr

Boden dress and Cole Haan pumps. ( I wish I would have gotten a bigger size as its pretty fitted, bordering on tight, across my shoulders and chest but I don't think they had the 8L in stock though, and there is just a lot of fabric going on. I still think it will be a good work dress.

Untitled by ELEKTRA_09, on Flickr
    Last edited by elektra; 08-11-2012 at 02:28 AM. Reason: posting from my phone and the typos were all over the place
    DD
    DS

elektra, looking amazing as per usual!

joules is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post

Boden dress and Cole Haan pumps. ( I wish I would have gotten a bigger size as its pretty fitted, bordering on tight across my shoulders an chest but I don't think they had it in stock though and there is just a lot of fabric going on. I think it will be a good work dress though.
    elektra - are those the Cole Haan Mariela pumps? I have them in my amazon cart but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Are they comfy?

I loved this thread last season but I was pregnant and huge. Since then I've lost 50 pounds due to breastfeeding. wooohoo. I need a new wardrobe!
    DS1 - 03/10
    DS2 - 02/12

Quote Originally Posted by joules View Post
    elektra - are those the Cole Haan Mariela pumps? I have them in my amazon cart but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Are they comfy?

I loved this thread last season but I was pregnant and huge. Since then I've lost 50 pounds due to breastfeeding. wooohoo. I need a new wardrobe!
    Yes they are the Marielas. I wouldn't say "comfy" exactly but they do not hurt and the platform plus nike air make them very wearable.
    But they run about a half size big! I did not heed the reviews, worrying that they might be too tight if I got a 9. However I wish I would have sized down from my usual 9.5. I have some heel pads in there to try and help things but they are still sliding off the back a bit. Also they are pretty high. I think they look really nice though.

And congrats on your weight loss!
    DD
    DS

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

GP - love the matchy Japanese print outfit! And the outfit with the red pants and the other with Splendid top and floral pants - love love love! Oh, and your DD in her Tea dress matching your Michael Kors dress - too cute! I've gotten into short leggings with shorter dresses as well.

Twowhat, I'm going to check out the scramble skort! Looks cute!

SK, fab maxi dress!

Elektra, your outfits look great on you as always! The Boden dress is awesome and the sandals in the first outfit are fab!

I'm on my phone so apologies for missing people, but I'll be following this thread. Thanks for starting it, WB!

for Sandy Hook

Quote Originally Posted by scriptkitten View Post
    elektra, looking amazing as per usual!
    thanks and same to you scriptkitten!
    DD
    DS

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm loving seeing you ladies! GP, very cute w/ you and your kids. I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one who needs to wear a cami under the splendid cowl.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by scriptkitten View Post
    gp, love the leather jacket outfit, first dress and and i LOVE the floral pants. like LOVE!
    Thanks SK, the H&M floral pants are probably the "trendiest" item I own, but they were only $15 so I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    GP - love the matchy Japanese print outfit! And the outfit with the red pants and the other with Splendid top and floral pants - love love love! Oh, and your DD in her Tea dress matching your Michael Kors dress - too cute! I've gotten into short leggings with shorter dresses as well.
    Thanks citymama! Sometimes I get in a matchy matchy mood and was having fun coordinating both my and the kids' outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    I'm loving seeing you ladies! GP, very cute w/ you and your kids. I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one who needs to wear a cami under the splendid cowl.
    Thanks DrSally. I think I would be arrested for indecent exposure if I didn't wear the cami! I don't see how anyone could wear it by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    Goldenpig you are adding fuel to the fire of my desire for an awesome leather jacket.
    Elektra, I love your both your outfits, especially the black and white Boden dress! But I can't believe you don't own a leather jacket yet? How about one in white?

Quote Originally Posted by joules View Post
    Joules, congrats on the new baby and weight loss! I hope you post some pics this year! Although pregnancy shouldn't stop anyone from posting on this thread---I would love to see some maternity looks from any of you pregnant ladies!
    Last edited by goldenpig; 08-11-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast