Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I got my mint condition splendid cowl for $6 at a consignmet shop, and wondered if I had just gotten a stretched out one or something. Now, I see that tha't how they are made, lol.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Beautiful outfits, Ladies! I ll play once the weather cools down enough to wear leggings and blazers...
    My sweet and curly haired DD 4
    ...and expecting someone new mid April 2014

brgnmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Great thread - I haven't even started wearing autumn clothing yet, as it gets to be in the 100s still where we live. But I did purchase a pair of black Ecco booties that I'm looking forward to wearing.

GP there is nothing wrong with trendy as long as you know how to "work it" and you do!

joules is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    Yes they are the Marielas. I wouldn't say "comfy" exactly but they do not hurt and the platform plus nike air make them very wearable.
    But they run about a half size big! I did not heed the reviews, worrying that they might be too tight if I got a 9. However I wish I would have sized down from my usual 9.5. I have some heel pads in there to try and help things but they are still sliding off the back a bit. Also they are pretty high. I think they look really nice though.

And congrats on your weight loss!
    Thanks! And thanks for the tip. I might try them out. They look great on you.

And I totally forgot to comment on everyone's outfits:
    twowhat? - love that skirt. Looks like something I would wear on weekends.

scriptkitten - i'm loving the maxi dress. I only have one so far, but I definitely need more. I especially like your fall outfits with your flared jeans.

goldenpig - you look great in your red jeans. So cute. I'll have to put that on my list of things to buy. you are always so cute in your outfits.

elektra - you look like a naughty/hot school teacher in your dress and heels. (that's supposed to be a compliment)
    DS1 - 03/10
    DS2 - 02/12

sweetsue98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenpig View Post
    OK I'll play! I have a bunch of photos to share since I've been actively participating in YouLookFab over the last year! I even have my own "fashion blog" there.

Here are some recent work looks:

Wendibird, I don't see anything wrong with matchy matchy! I'm really into matchy matchy like they used to do in the 50's and 60's. I love this Kate Spade Florence Broadhurst Japanese floral print so much that I bought up five different pieces in the print when it went on sale (I only buy Kate Spade on sale). I thought it would be too over the top with the dress, purse and laptop case all together but when I posted it, Angie said matchy matchy is really "in" on the runways now. Well, who would have thought I'd be runway ready, LOL!

I'm also crazy about polka dots right now. This suit has tiny pindots all over it, and I paired it with a belt and shoes and bags that all have polka dots on them too. Even the necklace looks like dots. I love doing themes to excess!

I love this ink blue jacket from White House Black Market.

And this black leather jacket is really versatile--I wear it at work instead of a blazer and on weekends to give my casual outfits a bit of edge. DH hates these H&M floral pants, but I think they're fun, so I mostly wear them to work now instead of weekends.

I love your style!

Mermanaid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

You mommies really want to make me ramp up my style. Alas I work at home and have a hard time justifying the addition of more than a few pieces each season.

I was able to find some great dresses at the Nordstrom's sale. Now I need shoes so I'll probably be posting for advice.

I may try to find a nice pair of jeans and a pair of boots for this fall. Thanks for all the ideas!
    Jenn

My loves:
    DD 11/2004
    DS 6/2007

sweetsue98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    Goldenpig you are adding fuel to the fire of my desire for an awesome leather jacket.
    And scriptkitten, I think I may have to try chopping up an old jean jacket too.

Here are some recent outfits that I could wear into fall probably.
    This is an H&M blazer. Random shirt from a shop in Santa Barbara. AG jeggings and Michael Kors sandals.

Untitled by ELEKTRA_09,

Boden dress and Cole Haan pumps. ( I wish I would have gotten a bigger size as its pretty fitted, bordering on tight, across my shoulders and chest but I don't think they had the 8L in stock though, and there is just a lot of fabric going on. I still think it will be a good work dress.

Untitled by ELEKTRA_09, on Flickr
    love the dress fom boden! Can you share thesyle of the dress?

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Here's a summer/fall outfit I'm wearing to work today. It's rainy, and gloomy, and not very warm today so I went with closed toe and a darker pant.

photo-3 by wendibird, on Flickr

Shirt: Target from last spring
    Pants: The Limited (new) http://www.thelimited.com/Cassidy-Ba...2&cgid=cassidy
    Shoes: ON leopard print ballet flats (new)
    Jewelry: old

I have trouble with pants because I need a short/petite and something with roomy hips/thighs and tiny waist. I tried on a million pair and ended up with 3 pairs from Limited in 3 different styles/sizes. Nothing fit consistent across "fit" types. Go figure!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Wendibird,
    Love the sunny yellow on you (perfect for a rainy day) and the fun leopard flats!
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast