Question Evenflo modern vs boon flair high chair

Hi,

My son is 5 mo, and I'm looking for an easy to clean high chair. The evenflo modern 300 (100$) and the boon flair (230$) seem to be very easy to clean but I wonder about the size of the tray. A good friend had the chicco polly and was really pleased about it but I read a lot of complains about how hard it is to clean but it has a huge tray.
    So I need your advice please. Should I have a small or a big tray? Have you tried the evenflo? I can't find many reviews on it or even video of it. Is the boon flair worth it?
    Note: I don't like the FP as they are very babyish. Thanks for your comments! And I'm not sure about graco's ones.
    Thanks!

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have the Boon Flair and don't know the other highchairs very well, but I can vouch for the Boon. It's very easy to clean and I love how it wheels around and the pneumatic adjustment of the chair. It's also pretty small and the red one I have is kind of cool to look at (I have tops of FP items and it is rather nice to have one sophisticated, though still fun colored, baby item). The tray is not big, but I don't think it needs to be.

The only issue I can think of is that the straps are very loose on a little baby. However, the tray has different slots so you can wedge the baby in very well, but the straps themselves are not much help until baby is bigger. I wouldn't use it without the tray yet for my baby, but it's fine when the tray is inserted.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

Not sure about the two models you listed, but an advantage of a larger tray is that baby can't reach over the edge and drop dishes and food off.
    DS- 6/09
    DD- 4/12
    It's a boy! DS- 2/15

I have this one: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99823975/ It is really easy to clean, no nooks or crannies to dig food out of. It is one continuous surface. Plus it is very inexpensive.

I never used the high chair tray though. I always pulled my kids right up to the table.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Thanks for your comments

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd choose option C, the FP Healthy Care seat, or the IKEA seat PP mentioned.

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-H.../dp/B0000DEW8N

We got a larger high chair initially and it was a waste of money because DS only used it for about six months before graduating to Keekaroo (similar to Trip Trapp). The small tray wasn't an issue at all and a talented child can throw food off of a small tray just as easily as a big one. We still keep the booster in a closet for guests with kids.

I'd save your money on the baby chair and get something nicer for the toddler/preschooler stage.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am in the minority here, but I would definitely get something with a tray. My DD2 was all into eating by herself at before a year old and putting her in a Tripp Trapp chair (which I do love) at that age with a bowl of food was a disaster.

I like the look of the Evenflo Modern chair and the Boon chair as well, but if I could try the Evenflo in the store then I'd see how I like it. Most of my friends had the Peg Perego Prima Pappa Diner chair and loved it. I didn't want a plastic high chair so I got a classic style all wood one instead (it was a gift from my parents).

We have the Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster as well, but we just used it when weren't at home, but I do have friends who use it as their everyday chair and are happy with it.

I had to do it all over again I would have asked for a Svan Chair (which like a Tripp Trapp grows with a child), but this one at least has a tray.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Which one did you end up getting? I like the look of the Evenflo modern too, but I am not sure if I really need a recline and may get the Ikea.
    My DD#1 loved the recline in our cheapo Graco that I gave away after she used it for 3 yrs! She would actually nap in the high chair.