Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My dd is nearly 5 months old. Struggling with reflux, the poor thing wakes every 2 hours at night to eat. Insult to injury? We have no family here to help. Hope things get better, I understand!

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

So, thankfully, she actually had a great night last night. DH took the first shift, so I went to bed at 9:30, thinking I would get up around 11:30 or 12 for the next shift. About 11:30 I woke up and heard DH in our bathroom, but didn't hear the baby. When he came to bed he said she was asleep. He fed her expressed BM and he said after her usual amount she was still hungry, so he gave her an extra 1.5 ounces. Then she went down pretty easily. This was a miracle in itself, as we usually have to struggle to get her down and it doesn't normally happen until between 12:30 and 2. I assumed she would wake up after a couple of hours like she normally does, but my alarm woke me up at 6 AM! She slept until 6:30! I know she will have more tough nights still, but it makes life so much better to have actually gotten 8.5 hours of sleep last night. It does make me wonder if she is getting enough to eat during the evening hours. Maybe I will try supplimenting her nursing with an ounce or two of expressed milk. She tends to doze off while nursing a good bit during that 7-11 time frame, usually because she doesn't sleep much otherwise after about 6 PM.

As for her sleeping in the swing, she does well with that during the day, but in the evenings she wails when I try to even put her in it for a bit so that I don't have to hold her. I don't know why she fights sleep so much in those evening hours.

Here's hoping we are turning a corner, but even if not, it gives me hope that we will one day sleep again!
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2