Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm struggling a bit this week, mostly because we had the busiest summer / end of summer that I've ever experienced. For me, it takes a lot of planning and time to work within the weight watchers points. I go back to my first meeting in awhile on Thursday, so I'm hoping that will kick start me back into action.

Tonight my goal is to get my green smoothies prepped for the next week. I bought all of the produce last night, and I plan to freeze into individual blender size portions so that all I have to do is put in and spin for a few seconds in the mornings. I feel so much better when I have these daily, and I've been off track with it since about July.

I like your bean burrito breakfast idea! I also need savory, and just don't have the time to cook up a eggs and such in the morning.

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't know if you have a costco nearby, but these are what I've been eating. I've eaten them for lunch for years, sometimes with a wholly guacamole 100-calorie pack, so I always have a few in the freezer at work. It's been working out great to have one for breakfast, though I've been skipping the guacamole as it's 3 points. If I was organized, I'd bring a bottle of 0 point salsa into work and leave it in the fridge.

http://cedarlanefoods.com/low-fat-be...-style-burrito

I do think this time of year is hard. Things are busy and scattered. Twice last week, once due to being out doing school shopping with DD and once due to an evening work meeting, I resorted to Panera for dinner-- both times, a You-pick-two of salad and soup. 10 points. I'd prefer not to spend the money, but if it keeps me on track, I'll do it.

It's also important to me, and I think helps to keep me on track, if when an extended family dinner or some other event comes along, I let myself reasonably indulge. I was very good last week, on the whole, but on Sunday night, my sister's boyfriend made homemade bacon (yes, homemade bacon, that he had been curing all week and smoked at my dad's house), and she had everyone over for homemade BLTs, including homemade bread and mayo. Ridiculous, but I think the indulgence of one reasonably sized BLT with fresh butter lettuce and tomato and a cup of a non-cream based corn soup my sister made wasn't the worst I've ever gotten off-track.

The last time I started WW I didn't last but a few weeks, and I think I was being too tough on myself. I'm sure you're doing great.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

I am in a plateau so not really gaining or losing. Kind of frustrating, but I will press on.

I have always "hoarded" my points so I eat a small breakfast. I eat a WW cheese stick (1pt) and a banana.

I made some 1 pt chocolate chip cookie bites last week that were pretty good. And, I have a crock pot beer chicken recipe that I am going to try soon. Will let you know how it is.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    And, I have a crock pot beer chicken recipe that I am going to try soon. Will let you know how it is.
    Definitely let us know how it is. Sounds really good.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

Quote Originally Posted by boolady View Post
    Definitely let us know how it is. Sounds really good.
    Tried this. It needed more seasoning than I put in it, but it was extremely tender and I shredded it to put on salad throughout the week.

Anyway... put chicken breasts in the crock pot. Put salt, pepper, garlic.... whatever seasonings you want. Pour a bottle of beer over the top and cook on low for about 6 hours.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2