Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

We do like the cybex aton car seats! They are lightweight, have excellent crash ratings, rated for babies as small as 4lbs and fit the maxi cosi car seat adapters which are available for the bugaboo donkey and the iCandy peach.

Quote Originally Posted by JessK87 View Post
    We do like the cybex aton car seats! They are lightweight, have excellent crash ratings, rated for babies as small as 4lbs and fit the maxi cosi car seat adapters which are available for the bugaboo donkey and the iCandy peach.
    I know right. I am kind of in love with it. Can't wait to start using mine (still have over 3 months to go). I don't have a base yet, just the seat. I am hoping I can find a sale on the base in the near future. I practiced installing it in the car with no base and had it rock solid in under 30 seconds on my first try! It was incredible and I was so in love! Considered skipping the base all together but DH wants us to have one and it will be December so he is probably right. I am definitely not going to worry about getting one for the second car though its just too darn easy to install without one.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

roseyloxs, as a cybex fan, what do you think about the cybex sirona, a new reboarder by cybex which you can use from birth.
    http://cybex-online.com/de/carseats/sirona.html

Quote Originally Posted by citcat53 View Post
    roseyloxs, as a cybex fan, what do you think about the cybex sirona, a new reboarder by cybex which you can use from birth.
    http://cybex-online.com/de/carseats/sirona.html
    Obsessed with finding more info about it but its just too new. Looks like its crazy expensive... as in I could buy a luxury, reversible stroller for the same price. Which unfortunately means I probably won't let myself buy one although I really, really want to.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My twins are nearlly 5yo now so some of these brands/makes I am not familiar with. But I would suggest waiting before buying 2 swings. Some babies don't like them. You might want to just buy one and decide if you need another.

Also, high chairs take up a LOT of room. It might make more sense to get one or 2 boosters that can attach to regular dining room chairs that can convert from high chair to booster seat.

Honestly, I have no experience with the strollers mentioned other than the double snap and go. I LOVED it. Yes, it was hard to steer, but the bottom basket was huge and I could put the BIG boxes of diapers in there and pretty much everything I needed while at Target. So, my suggestion is to either A)get a stroller with a huge basket so you don't have to push a stroller AND a cart with your purchases or B) get a double stroller that pushes one-handed so you can push the stroller with one hand and pull a shopping cart behind you with another. I loved the double SNG because it was so easy and fast to snap baby out of carseat carrier into the stroller. With infant twins, easy and fast are CRITICAL. Plus, the DSNG is cheap!

Oh, my other suggestion is to check weight restrictions on the Arms Reach cosleeper vs. a pnp with bassinet attachment. IIRC, one of them has a weight limit of 15 lbs so it couldn't be used for very long with twin infants.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JessK87 View Post
    We really like our Cybex Aton, it seems so much comfortable for DD the the Graco seat seemed for DS. I can actually carry it, too, I NEVER carried the Graco since I found it so heavy and awkward. Also it has a high weight limit but it's compact so there's enough space left behind the front seats to recline them or slide them back for a tall driver/passenger. DD left the hospital at 5 lb 14 oz and she fit really well in the seat. Oh, and I love the fabric, not sweaty at all (we have the Aton plus, but the regular Aton has nice fabric, too)
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We only had 1 swing (only one baby liked it) and as for bouncers, the vibrating feature did NOTHING to help us. Totally depends on the baby.

I wish we had 2 nap nannies - having a place to put babies after nursing or eating (esp if they fell asleep) was essential.

Car seats and strollers are very personal choices. I really liked our double snap n go but I know people frown on keeping babies in car seats. But for me it really enabled me to make quick grocery trips with them.

High chairs - definitely get something easier to clean. Either the Healthy Care boosters, or tripp trapps, or IKEA high chairs (which is what we used and were very happy with, esp since they didn't take a extra adult chairs like two boosters would). With twins, the easiest-to-clean high chairs you can find will go a long way towards your sanity.

I don't remember if this was on your list, but a large playmat was nice to have. We used the one from IKEA which was plenty big enough for non-mobile twins.

Loved the tiny love mobiles - great for keeping one twin occupied while doing diaper change, bath, or whatever with the other twin.

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

LOVED my Bjorn Babysitter bouncer! No, there's no vibrating feature, but I preferred that my baby had control of the motion/bouncing in the bouncer. She loved it. It was invaluable. She sat in it while we got to eat breakfast/lunch/dinner. And yup, it's rated to 50 lbs., so at 16mo, she STILL climbs into it! Two thumbs way up! (And even though it's vastly overpriced, I do recommend the $40 wooden toy to go with it.)

I love the Puj tub & Primo Eurobath combo. That's exactly what we did and it was perfect. DD has always loved (felt safe & secure) during bathtime. (If you're looking for bath toys, I also love Skip Hop's Dunck toys -- sturdy, colorful, functional for rinsing, and no risk of harboring mold like traditional bath squirters, eww!)

For baby wash and diaper cream, I much prefer Earth Mama Angel Baby's stuff, but I'm sure that's difficult to register for.

For swaddles, I loved the Summer Infant SwaddleMe. I got it in fleece, so it won't stretch out like the cotton would. For a time, we did use A&A blankets... but the velcro of the SwaddleMe eventually won out because it was simpler. As a toddler, DD now sleeps with 2 layered A&A blankets, which I think is the perfect weight and warmth for her. They're wonderful blankets.

As a PP mentioned, high chairs take up a lot of real estate. We have the ever-popular Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster and love it. Because it's strapped to a dining room chair, I really feel like it blends in a lot better with our decor. Travels well and wipes down easily. Plus, it's cheap!

Loved the My Brest Friend nursing pillow. The Boppy didn't work for me. A nursing stool is definitely a smart idea... wish I had gotten one!

Lastly, I'll recommend the Leachco Podster. It's sort of like the newborn Boppy lounger, but this one is a bit larger, so you can use it longer. I didn't register for a swing (some babies really don't care for them), so this is where DD slept most of the time. She always slept so peacefully in it! It cradled her perfectly. Easy to move from room to room. No music and no batteries required. Definitely one of my "must-have" baby products!
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

JessK87- you are a great friend!! Expecting twins is excited and scary at the same time. You guys have a great list going for you... I will reply on items I've used and add ones that were also helpful to me (mama to 1 yr old boy/girl twins and 3 yr old boy)
    Car seats - Chicco 30 - yes!!

Boppy Noggin Nest Head Support - Avoid flat heads from car seats and provides great head support in the Chicco car seat. Twins will probably spend a bit more time in car seats than singletons.

Stroller(s) - Baby Jogger City Select (my 3 yr old loves it too). Can be heavy in and out of the car and you will want to remove car seat adapters to fold, but it's a been a great stroller for us. I love that I can just have one stroller in the trunk and it will work in any situation (with all three -twins in seats, older on glider board), (just two kids- both seats or a seat and a carseat), or for only 1 (just attach one seat).

Swings - my twins didn't prefer swings - you may want to borrow one at first and then wait to purchase.

Bouncers - Baby bjorn babysitter balance!!!!!! YES!!!! This seat is the absolute best. The twins still use them at one year old and climb into them. I don't know what I would have done without these. I've spent many nights sitting in between the twins with one foot on each chair and bouncing them. Especially times when you wish you had four arms instead of two! Also so great for tandem bottle sessions. It folds flat and you can take it anywhere, and has 3 different reclines. During the newborn stage- I borrowed 2 vibrator bouncy chairs from friends (were awesome for the first 3 months and worthless for us after that as they out grew them so quick). If she has a large house it may be worth it to have 2 bouncers upstairs and 2 downstairs.

Baby monitor - The video monitor will be her very best friend. We have Summer Infant Baby Touch and have no complaints.

Marpac Sleepmate 980a - white noise machine if they will share a room (and black out curtains)

Humidifier - Pure Guardian Tabletop - that little guy puts out some good mist!

High chair - Whatever is easiest to clean - I have 2 Fisher Price Space Saver highchairs. They also recline for younger babies. I have the covers off for now, finger feeding twins make a serious mess. She will want a good broom and one of those dust pans with a long handle so she doesn't hurt her back constantly bending to sweep the dust pan full of food bits.

Bottles - Dr. Brown's

Bottle rack - Boon Grass Drying rack is the very best (get 2)

Ez nursing pillow! and 2 boppy pillows (these are easy to borrow) You can set the two boppy's between you to tandem feed with bottles. Or if she is nursing... on a large bed or on the floor next to a wall or couch to rest her back, set the boppys up to face you. Get all nursing supplies ready (make a pre stocked basket so you are ready to go) 2 rolled up receiving blankets for head props, burp cloths, lanolin, supplemental bottles, etc. Place one twin in boppy to the left, and one twin in boppy to the right. Strap on the nursing pillow. Sit down and get comfortable and unlatch bra. Pick up baby to the left and scoop onto twin pillow getting ready for football hold. Repeat for baby to the right. Latch baby left and then latch baby right. This gets easier with practice and she will want to have someone with her in the beginning.

Nursing stool - didn't need one, I would mostly tandem feed on the bed or the floor. Wait on this one?

Breast bump - medela hands free pump and one inexpensive medela hand pump. it's handy to quickly relieve engorgement in situations where it's not feasible to pump.

Bath- eurobath primo - yes

baby wash california baby - yes

bath kneeler - rolled up towel

Diaper pail - diaper genie

Diaper pampers swaddlers - yes (don't stock up on too many in NB size depending on their birthweight)

Diaper Cream - desitin creamy extra strength

Diaper Bag - Ju Ju Be Be Prepared in Black/Silver - fits all I need for a long day trip. Also get 2 "Be Quicks"... one for each baby so you can have all their personal necessities ready to go and you can stash those in a smaller bag or purse for quick trips out- yes

Gyms - one extra large gym or 2 regular sized gyms. We used Taf Toys Curiosity Activity Gym and Play Mat. Extra Large 59 X 39 Inch. It worked great.

Swaddle blankets aden and anais miracle blanket and sleep sacks - yes (at least 4 aden blankets per baby). Also preferred the velcro swaddleme for my twins although my oldest preferred the miracle blanket.

Also - suggest to have her interview and start a relationship with a good sitter now (before she's exhausted and too busy with the babies). It will be invaluable to her to have some reliable support. It will be harder to set up after they arrive. Even if it's just a few hours each week, or a monthly date night, it will be a wonderful blessing to her and good for the babies too.

Wish her good luck! She is gonna do great!!

JessK87- you are a great friend!! Expecting twins is excited and scary at the same time. You guys have a great list going for you... I will reply on items I've used and add ones that were also helpful to me (mama to 1 yr old boy/girl twins and 3 yr old boy)
    Car seats - Chicco 30 - yes!!

Boppy Noggin Nest Head Support - Avoid flat heads from car seats and provides great head support in the Chicco car seat. Twins will probably spend a bit more time in car seats than singletons.

Stroller(s) - Baby Jogger City Select (my 3 yr old loves it too). Can be heavy in and out of the car and you will want to remove car seat adapters to fold, but it's a been a great stroller for us. I love that I can just have one stroller in the trunk and it will work in any situation (with all three -twins in seats, older on glider board), (just two kids- both seats or a seat and a carseat), or for only 1 (just attach one seat).

Swings - my twins didn't prefer swings - you may want to borrow one at first and then wait to purchase.

Bouncers - Baby bjorn babysitter balance!!!!!! YES!!!! This seat is the absolute best. The twins still use them at one year old and climb into them. I don't know what I would have done without these. I've spent many nights sitting in between the twins with one foot on each chair and bouncing them. Especially times when you wish you had four arms instead of two! Also so great for tandem bottle sessions. It folds flat and you can take it anywhere, and has 3 different reclines. During the newborn stage- I borrowed 2 vibrator bouncy chairs from friends (were awesome for the first 3 months and worthless for us after that as they out grew them so quick). If she has a large house it may be worth it to have 2 bouncers upstairs and 2 downstairs.

Baby monitor - The video monitor will be her very best friend. We have Summer Infant Baby Touch and have no complaints.

Marpac Sleepmate 980a - white noise machine if they will share a room (and black out curtains)

Humidifier - Pure Guardian Tabletop - that little guy puts out some good mist!

High chair - Whatever is easiest to clean - I have 2 Fisher Price Space Saver highchairs. They also recline for younger babies. I have the covers off for now, finger feeding twins make a serious mess. She will want a good broom and one of those dust pans with a long handle so she doesn't hurt her back constantly bending to sweep the dust pan full of food bits.

Bottles - Dr. Brown's

Bottle rack - Boon Grass Drying rack is the very best (get 2)

Ez nursing pillow! and 2 boppy pillows (these are easy to borrow) You can set the two boppy's between you to tandem feed with bottles. Or if she is nursing... on a large bed or on the floor next to a wall or couch to rest her back, set the boppys up to face you. Get all nursing supplies ready (make a pre stocked basket so you are ready to go) 2 rolled up receiving blankets for head props, burp cloths, lanolin, supplemental bottles, etc. Place one twin in boppy to the left, and one twin in boppy to the right. Strap on the nursing pillow. Sit down and get comfortable and unlatch bra. Pick up baby to the left and scoop onto twin pillow getting ready for football hold. Repeat for baby to the right. Latch baby left and then latch baby right. This gets easier with practice and she will want to have someone with her in the beginning.

Nursing stool - didn't need one, I would mostly tandem feed on the bed or the floor. Wait on this one?

Breast bump - medela hands free pump and one inexpensive medela hand pump. it's handy to quickly relieve engorgement in situations where it's not feasible to pump.

Bath- eurobath primo - yes

baby wash california baby - yes

bath kneeler - rolled up towel

Diaper pail - diaper genie

Diaper pampers swaddlers - yes (don't stock up on too many in NB size depending on their birthweight)

Diaper Cream - desitin creamy extra strength

Diaper Bag - Ju Ju Be Be Prepared in Black/Silver - fits all I need for a long day trip. Also get 2 "Be Quicks"... one for each baby so you can have all their personal necessities ready to go and you can stash those in a smaller bag or purse for quick trips out- yes

Gyms - one extra large gym or 2 regular sized gyms. We used Taf Toys Curiosity Activity Gym and Play Mat. Extra Large 59 X 39 Inch. It worked great.

Swaddle blankets aden and anais miracle blanket and sleep sacks - yes (at least 4 aden blankets per baby). Also preferred the velcro swaddleme for my twins although my oldest preferred the miracle blanket.

Also - suggest to have her interview and start a relationship with a good sitter now (before she's exhausted and too busy with the babies). It will be invaluable to her to have some reliable support. It will be harder to set up after they arrive. Even if it's just a few hours each week, or a monthly date night, it will be a wonderful blessing to her and good for the babies too.

Wish her good luck! She is gonna do great!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2