Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default how long for boobs to shrink back to "normal" after weaning??

i am only 10 lbs away from pre-preggo weight , and my boobs have shrunk considerably since i weaned DD about 3 months ago. i thought most of the extra weight is in my tummy. though i tried on a fitted top (side-zip) the other day and it didn't even come CLOSE to being able to zip. And other tops had similar failures..it seems my boobs are still too big. I don't get it..it's been 3 months. Also, many of my prepreg bras don't really fit right. the only one that fits well is a bra i bought in my 3rd trimester with DS. Though i know at that point i was much bigger than i was pre-pregnancy!! It's been 3 months, does it really take longer than that, or is it the extra weight??

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

It could be the extra weight - sometimes it's hard to tell until you're stabilized after weight loss.
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

I found after DD1, even when I hit my pre-preggo weight nothing was the same. I think you are better off buying new bras that really fit you as you are now. As my midwife told me when I complained about it, "You had a baby. Your entire life has changed forever and that includes your body."
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    I found after DD1, even when I hit my pre-preggo weight nothing was the same. I think you are better off buying new bras that really fit you as you are now. As my midwife told me when I complained about it, "You had a baby. Your entire life has changed forever and that includes your body."

I'm down to pre-preg weight (maybe even a few pounds less), and my body is def not the same as it once was.

My BBs never decreased to their pre-DDs size. I'm more than a year from weaning and I'm now within 3 pounds of my pre-preggo weight with DD1, so I really don't think they will get smaller. FWIW, they are a full cup size bigger. Needless to say, I've donated the tops that no longer fit.

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

That's also true - it is pretty rare IME for boobs to go back to their pre-pg size. It seems like some women get bigger after nursing and others shrink (I'm in the latter group - nothing like losing more than a cup size even when your weight is the same!).
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Katigre View Post
    That's also true - it is pretty rare IME for boobs to go back to their pre-pg size. It seems like some women get bigger after nursing and others shrink (I'm in the latter group - nothing like losing more than a cup size even when your weight is the same!).
    ...and I only started at barely a B cup to begin with. While pg and nursing they've gone up to a full C cup YAY!!!, but after weaning DS1 they were smaller than a B...I have a feeling it will be the same with DS2 very shortly...he's just cut back and I can tell they've already shrunk....
    --------
    DS - Adopted by loving parents 1995
    DS1 7/2009 ('Stachio)
    DS2 9/2011 (Peanut)

Quote Originally Posted by Katigre View Post
    My mom went up from barely there As to beautiful Cs after she had kids. My girls shrunk from almost D to B after I stopped nursing DD even though I still had about 10lb of extra baby weight and got newly pregnant with DS!
    DD February 2010
    DS January 2012

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Well, I'm still waiting for mine to deflate, and I weaned 3 years ago! I finally came to terms and bought new bras!

Mine shrank (from D to B+), and I'm pretty sad about it. Too bad there's not a way to share your extra boobage with those of us who have the opposite problem.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast