Thread: No fresh fruit

Default No fresh fruit

Any other LO's that will not eat fresh fruit? My son is 2 - he will drink juice and eat the fruit packets, but will not touch fresh fruit. Just curious if any other LO's wouldn't eat fresh fruit, and eventually started. It makes such a great snack!

I have the opposite problem, mine won't eat any veggies! I would be interested to hear if anyone has any suggestions.

I think don't worry about it this habits changes according to time and the kids starts to eat all.

Just you don't stop feeding them right things if they don't like it.

Try to give them little so they get habit of it.

My 2 year old eats way more fruits than veggies. I've tried (minimally) to make little games out of it, with some success.

Ex: he has a frog plate, so I've cut up cherry tomatoes (technically still a fruit I know, ha), and placed them on the frog's eyes, and he LOVES this for whatever reason, and he says "tomato eyes!" then gobbles them up.

There are other fun things you can do - look at Pinterest - build rainbows, hold fruit together with toothpicks in interesting shapes, etc.

I like the idea of continuing to offer things, you never know when tastes will change... need to do better at that.
    Sarah

DS1 8/2010
    DS2 11/2012

DS1 has never eaten a fruit (other than banana) or a veggie since he was about 14 months old. I tried everything under the sun, Ellen Satter, OT for his sensory issues (very minor), bribes, take one bite nothing worked.

I gave up once I realized it wasn't going to work. He is healthy (never been sick in the last 2 1/2 years inspite of being in daycare - I haven't taken a single day off because of him at work), growing and happy. If carbs and protein is all he needs then so be it.

No advice, just commiseration that veggies and fruits are not necessary . Someday they will eat them (or so I'm hoping). As a family we are a vegetarian family and eat tons (I means tons) of fresh veggies. So he does see us eating good stuff.
    DS1 - 08
    DS2 - 11

sariana is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That's why I was so thankful for the new pastas made with veggies--until my DC decided they don't like pasta! It never ends.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Quote Originally Posted by Jenilia View Post
    I think don't worry about it this habits changes according to time and the kids starts to eat all.

Just you don't stop feeding them right things if they don't like it.

Try to give them little so they get habit of it.
    yes i agree, exactly my problem with my 2 yr old daughter and i dont stop feeding her and she gets used to it..

It will come with age and understanding. Try very soft fruit like bananas first, cut them into small slices and maybe place them in an empty fruit pouch, I'm sure your infant will get the idea.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Try green smoothies, as yummy as juice but much more nutritious. Have him watch you make them so he sees fruit is delicious.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ultrasavings View Post
    It will come with age and understanding. Try very soft fruit like bananas first, cut them into small slices and maybe place them in an empty fruit pouch, I'm sure your infant will get the idea.
    OP said her son is 2 years old.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06