3 8.57%
  • current

21 60.00%
  • a different color

9 25.71%
  • a different coat altogether

2 5.71%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default I need your opinion on this coat color...

Ok, I need a new winter down jacket. I almost always carry my taupe hobo purse and usually wear knee high leather boots either in black or brown. I'm hoping to get a jacket that will look good with all of the above.

I really like the Lands End jackets for their durability and warmth. I think I really like this one but need help choosing the color. I'm a dark blond and I'm leaning toward the current or silver frost. http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage...19244-_-419311

which do you think? I think i'll do a poll. thx!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

the currant! go for something with a bit of splash!

the silver would look good with the black, but 'eh' in my opinion with taupe or brown. then again, it's like being worried about carpet color matching your shutters - by the time your furniture moves in, nobody notices the carpet color. so if you're in love with the silver, nobody will notice if browns don't quite 'go', because you'll have on your other clothes.

but currant! it's lovely!
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

currant i like the silver but worry it would get dirty fast around here.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Well, I think you would look good in either of those colors, and you're probably right that either one (or at least the currant) would look good with brown or black boots.
    If it were me, though, and I were getting that coat, I'd get the brown one- Alpine forest or something? I think it looks the classiest because it's a neat color you don't see much of, and the others just look a little dated.... or maybe it's because the coat looks puffy and I just don't want them to look too puffy on you. At least the belt gives it definition.

Quote Originally Posted by ourbabygirl View Post
    Well, I think you would look good in either of those colors, and you're probably right that either one (or at least the currant) would look good with brown or black boots.
    If it were me, though, and I were getting that coat, I'd get the brown one- Alpine forest or something? I think it looks the classiest because it's a neat color you don't see much of, and the others just look a little dated.... or maybe it's because the coat looks puffy and I just don't want them to look too puffy on you. At least the belt gives it definition.
    Hmm, I hadn't even thought of brown. Will brown look ok with my taupe purse? I love that purse because it's so comfortable, classic and doesnt draw attention away from my shoes.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    currant i like the silver but worry it would get dirty fast around here.
    That's true. But it's machine washable. Gotta love that about LE!

I'd say Current because I like color but if it were me I would order both colors and see how they look in person. LE has such easy returns to sears.
    I had a similar situation on a Boden coat this year. I thought for sure I wanted the brighter one but ordered both and ended up keeping the grey/black one instead.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

brgnmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I vote for currant or... another color - dark wine. b/c of the puff factor, one of the darker colors might be more flattering versus the silver color.

I love the alpine forest color, and it meets all of your requirements. Currant is also nice! Silver is my least favorite on that coat - it doesn't look as "cool" as the others to me!

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I prefer the silver frost, but it will likely look dirty quicker than the currant. I know they're machine washable, but you don't want to have to be washing it all the time.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast