Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Love the necklace!!!

I just bought 5 scarves from Charlotte Russe, and I've worn them recently and love them. They are on sale right now for about 8 dollars!
    http://www.charlotterusse.com/thumbn...vesstartat950d

KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Oh those scarves are cute! I will have to take a look the next time I'm at the mall.
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14

Quote Originally Posted by okinawama View Post
    Love the necklace!!!

I just bought 5 scarves from Charlotte Russe, and I've worn them recently and love them. They are on sale right now for about 8 dollars!
    http://www.charlotterusse.com/thumbn...vesstartat950d
    You know the clothes in their window just aren't my style but those scarves are cute, I might take a look next time I'm at the mall.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by katydid1971 View Post
    I have a few belts from Target that have been great. They are real leather even and I paid less than $20. I also have found a few belts from LEC on sale with coupon to be super cheap.
    Thanks for all the rec's on belts, I was going to ask the same question!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Here's the seller: http://www.etsy.com/shop/elizabethke...f=pr_shop_more some of her prices seem to have gone up, but she's still less expensive than some of the other places out there with similar items. I think I paid $50 for a belt that was going for over $120 at GH.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by katydid1971 View Post
    You know the clothes in their window just aren't my style but those scarves are cute, I might take a look next time I'm at the mall.
    I feel the same way. I do usually always purchase my cami's from there, and I usually pay 5.00 or less for each. I usually only wear cami's under things, so I'd like to save there and splurge on the cardigan or sheer top than on a 20.00 cami.
    Forever 21 is also a good place to shop for cheaper accessories or cami's.
    http://www.forever21.com/Product/Cat...c_scarf_gloves
    There are a couple of scarves here if you don't see anything on Charlotte Russe

Quote Originally Posted by MontrealMum View Post
    Here's the seller: http://www.etsy.com/shop/elizabethke...f=pr_shop_more some of her prices seem to have gone up, but she's still less expensive than some of the other places out there with similar items. I think I paid $50 for a belt that was going for over $120 at GH.
    Thank you! And thanks everyone for all the thoughts on accessories.

Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    Eddie Bauer is having twenty five percent off your order if you order jeans or pants. I have had good luck with Eddie Bauer pants in the past--the curvy/Blakely fit has worked well for my big hips and thighs.

So I ordered two trouser suits and a dress for around $275.

Here is the blazer for the suit I ordered in navy

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/pr...viewAll=n&pg=1

And I ordered this 3/4 sleeve blazer in the tan color:

I also ordered the trousers to go with those blazers. All of these pieces are machine washable, which is a huge bonus in my book as dry cleaning is so expensive.

I also ordered this dress in the vintage blue for $19.99 off the clearance page:

I am hoping it will work with a cardigan or blazer for Fridays at work during our warm fall, but at that price if it is cute i will probably just keep it even if it is too casual for work. It is also machine washable.

Catherine

ETA. I guess these are a bit high for a budget thread? But I thought the prices were pretty good for suits, especially the tan one. And on the dress, of course.
    Just want to update as my order came today. The suits fit perfectly except the trousers need to be hemmed. I will have the tan one hemmed for flats as it is comparatively casual. The navy one I will have hemmed for heels. Dh suggested maybe cuffs? Any thoughts?

The navy suit is quite heavy. I won't be able to wear it for a couple of months probably as fall is sunny and warm here. But, it is nice and a great price. The jacket has some nice details in the back without looking trendy. This would be an awesome suit for winter public transit commutes, especially as it is machine washable. It is a very dark navy.

The tan suit, by contrast, is lightweight. The jacket has only the sleeves lined. And the pants are unlined. It is also machine washable. It will be an awesome fall outfit for me.

The dress is quite nice, especially for the money. I love the colors and the fabric is nice. It is lined in a cotton fabric, which feels nice against skin and seems like it would be cooler than the usual silky stuff. It is a nice below the knee length on me (I am 5'7"). The neckline is a smidge low for a conservative work place, IMO. Dh says it is good with a blazer or sweater over it. I would keep it just as a nice going out to brunch dress regardless at the price I paid ($19.99).

All together I am really pleased with my purchases.

Let me know if you have questions. I think EB is still having the 25 percent off if you order jeans or pants.

Catherine

brgnmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    Just want to update as my order came today. The suits fit perfectly except the trousers need to be hemmed. I will have the tan one hemmed for flats as it is comparatively casual. The navy one I will have hemmed for heels. Dh suggested maybe cuffs? Any thoughts?

The navy suit is quite heavy. I won't be able to wear it for a couple of months probably as fall is sunny and warm here. But, it is nice and a great price. The jacket has some nice details in the back without looking trendy. This would be an awesome suit for winter public transit commutes, especially as it is machine washable. It is a very dark navy.

The tan suit, by contrast, is lightweight. The jacket has only the sleeves lined. And the pants are unlined. It is also machine washable. It will be an awesome fall outfit for me.

The dress is quite nice, especially for the money. I love the colors and the fabric is nice. It is lined in a cotton fabric, which feels nice against skin and seems like it would be cooler than the usual silky stuff. It is a nice below the knee length on me (I am 5'7"). The neckline is a smidge low for a conservative work place, IMO. Dh says it is good with a blazer or sweater over it. I would keep it just as a nice going out to brunch dress regardless at the price I paid ($19.99).

All together I am really pleased with my purchases.

Let me know if you have questions. I think EB is still having the 25 percent off if you order jeans or pants.

Catherine
    Great purchases!! And I love the necklace you posted about. It looks like a versatile piece.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9