Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mopey View Post
    I am also being frugal (on the weight loss train) and got this dress in black and leopard print at old navy last week!
    http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=250579002

Pockets, skirt is even lined and I love that I can wear them any season I could even put on my sparkly gold skinny belt and strappy heels and head to a wedding! Much nicer quality than ON seems to usually be.

And they have some chic sweaters - my sis picked this for me (sweater version) and I thought it wouldn't work but with jeans (and I'm blonde so camel is a great color for me)

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=287649042

They have lots of good items this fall, and always have coupons etc. I can even forward you one for 25% (I think it's still good). PM me if you like Happy frugal shopping!!

Can I ask about the ON dress? How is it for length? I would be wearing it to a conservative office and I am 5'7". I could maybe get the tall? One of the reviewers speculates that the lining would catch on tights? Any thoughts on that? I would want to be able to wear it with tights in the late fall.

Thanks so much!
    Catherine

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    Can I ask about the ON dress? How is it for length? I would be wearing it to a conservative office and I am 5'7". I could maybe get the tall? One of the reviewers speculates that the lining would catch on tights? Any thoughts on that? I would want to be able to wear it with tights in the late fall.

Thanks so much!
    Catherine
    I am 5' 8 1/2" so it is above my knee, but not too much. ETA: about 3". I think the tall at ON tends to be the midsection and my thighs are the longest part of my body so that's a consideration for me. I think there could be a little static electricity with tights but it won't keep me from wearing it. I think they are both classic and can be pared down or layered up for all kinds of events and seasons so I'm sold. Love a one piece outfit and I feel like I never find dresses with good sleeves!!

Maybe order and return? Or go try on?
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Quote Originally Posted by Mopey View Post
    I am 5' 8 1/2" so it is above my knee, but not too much. ETA: about 3". I think the tall at ON tends to be the midsection and my thighs are the longest part of my body so that's a consideration for me. I think there could be a little static electricity with tights but it won't keep me from wearing it. I think they are both classic and can be pared down or layered up for all kinds of events and seasons so I'm sold. Love a one piece outfit and I feel like I never find dresses with good sleeves!!

Maybe order and return? Or go try on?
    Thank you! Sounds like it is definitely worth a shot. And sounds like a regular should work for me. Above the knee is fine, just not too much above it. Since you are taller, should be just fine for me. It is really cute and it looks so versatile.

Catherine

Can I post an ISO here? I'd kind of like to find an inexpensive vest for the fall. I got the idea from a blog that featured ths ON one: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=569185012.

Not only is that one out of stock in my size, but I think I'd rather have something a tiny bit dressier/more polished looking.

Anyone seen anything?

This stripped t-shirt dress from modcloth looks cute!

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses...ol-night-dress

Catherine

I am on a budget!

I got a few skirts from Kohls. Pencil skirts in black and grey (that I got way cheaper than $30 in-store). I got an orange corduroy skirt (similar to this or this, also comes in plaid).

I also got a sleeveless blouse similar to this (or this)... tucks into the pencil skirts nicely.

Also got an INC blazer from Macy's on the clearance rack for $25... can't find a link.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I don't like spending a lot of $$ on clothes. I shop at consignment shops a lot recently. The ones in the nicer neighborhoods have the best stuff. They also sometimes have coupons. EOS sales at consignment shops are the best. Better yet, I bring in my stuff, keep the money on my acct., and pay with that $$.

This week, I got a Classiques Entier (Nordstrom women's wear brand) black dress with belt NWT for $30. High for consignment, but so worth it b/c the fabric is georgeous, the cut is classic, and it is flawless (NWT). I also got a new looking Camel wool Max Mara coat for $22, two J Crew painter T's for $10. Oh, and I had a loyalty punch card, so everything was 20% off. I also get designer jeans in good condition, and go get them hemmed. Recently found a pair of Lucky sweet n' low's for $6 on clearance, hemmed to my length! Also, found a pair of AG Angel jeans for $35 and had them hemmed for $10. Worth it IMO for a perfect fitting pair of designer jeans. Oh, and I also found an Anthro mustard colored dress for $13.50, after 10% off coupon!

Other things I get at Nordstrom Rack (great place for high quality clothing at a significant discount. TJMaxx/Marshalls, etc.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Also, love H&M. They are very on trend and have some good quality stuff (some stuff is cheaper, so stay away from the acrylics). Like their belts and scarves, not so fond of their jewlery.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Well I'm pretty much adopting this list since I really need to start with basics. I don't know that it's all budget per say but most of it is pretty affordable. I'm headed out this weekend to try on jeans and look at boots ($300 Fryes aren't in the budget so hopefully I'll find something similar.)
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I can't bring myself to think about fall clothes yet. The temps need to go down. Till then, I am happily eeking out every last bit of my summer wardrobe before I have to pack it away! I will miss my sandals, summer skirts and tank tops! eta- I'll come back once I start shopping as I am priced out of that other thread too.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast