Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just watched that movie - wow, that is really inpsirational. I had some busy work to do at work so had it playing "in the background" and really got into watching it. I won an American Express gift card the other day in a drawing at work, and I think I may purchase a mixer and give this a go. My problem is that I am really trying to do low carb/higher protein so I am not sure that I can do juice for every meal, but may do it for dinner or as a supplement.

Infomama

Hope your journey is going well. Replacing a meal is a great way to integrate the green smoothies, I started doing this from the beginning and continue now (though been slacking the last few months since we are in the process of moving). I think the idea of fasting and detoxing is great for a few days, but for long term lifestyle a daily green smoothie/juice is probably easier to maintain. And really that is the goal.

daisymom

I am glad you enjoyed the movie. I definitely think if you can integrate some juice into your life either as a meal replacement or as simply a supplement, you will reap the benefits. If you are interested in a quality juicer, I found this guy's youtube channel to be invaluable:

http://www.youtube.com/rawfoods

I am also trying to eat low carb / high protein or rather paleo/primal. All the healthy lifestyles promote lots of vegetables and fruits, and since I'm bad about eating then, juicing makes it simpler for me. If you really want to lose weight with low carb, you want to use less fruit. However, I have found that when you first start off juicing/smoothies, your drinks will contain more fruit and be sweeter. But give it some time, as you become a more seasoned green juicer, your juices will become more green and lower in carb.

Good luck to you both.

It has been another week. How have you been doing?

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sandwish View Post
    It has been another week. How have you been doing?
    Good and bad. The juice fast was great. Felt energized but I fell off the wagon and into a bit of a slump. I saw your post yesterday and it inspired me to get my butt moving so I jumped on the elliptical for a while and felt great. Doing it again today. Thanks for the nudge.

ijopint is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I agree with PP about rotating juicing and smoothies to your diet. Been doing this for years, having owned an Omega juicers - a centrifugal and a masticating one for years, I am partial to juicing more than blending on my Vitamix.
    Both reaped different benefits. Pure liquid extract from juicing has the nutrients from fruits and vegetables wherein blending is liquifying by chopping the fruits /vegetables at high speed with the pulp for added fiber for your digestive system. I do juicing in an empty stomach in AM and smoothies at night.

Staying consistent can be challenging. The one thing that does hold me true is the more I talk to people about what I do or have done. I feel I need to be accountable for what I say. Probably why support groups like WW works.

I will be honest and say I have slacked a lot lately as we are about to move out of state but one thing I am carrying with me to my temporary housing is my omega juicer. I feel I have the knowledge now to get back on track.

Even if you eat at McDonald's or don't work out, do your best to get that green smoothie in you. If you have to, make a enough for the next day. Always better than skipping.

I will check on you again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2