arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Zappos is amazing!

DH bought me a pricey D&B bag for MD this year. Imagine my shock when a strap from said bag broke this morning (apparently the thread holding the strap to the metal ring attached to the bag must have ripped). I called zappos asking for assistance and the CS rep was appalled on my behalf! She asked if I wanted the same bag or a different one (I opted for the same one and it should be at my house tomorrow), are sending me a return label for the defective bag and gave me a $50 credit for my troubles (without me asking or complaining at all)! With CS like this, I will continue shopping with them for a loooooooooooong time.

You zappos!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Yay! Another big zappos fan here!

for Sandy Hook

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yes, love them, esp. their VIP service (I think this something they only email out invites to--it's free overnight shipping with every order).

I haven't dealt with Dooney & Bourke C/S in a very long time (2002), but if you buy a new bag from them it should (or at least used to when all of their bags were Made in the USA) come with a yellow warranty card and you fill it out/return it, and they will repair the bag for life. I had to have my backpack repaired after I had it for 6 mos. or so and they fixed it and it was just like new. I just had to pay $10 for the shipping to get the bag there.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yes! The Zappos VIP thing is addictive.

I'm honestly shocked that my D&B bag broke so quickly. I've only had it since May! I should not have to send it out for repairs - even for free! I have never had a strap break in any of my other bags, even cheaper ones. I do love the bag though and hope it was just a fluke.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

They once gave me a $60 coupon when I ordered a bunch of Lucky jeans for my DH and they arrived in 2 days instead of 1. Without me asking! I felt so bad because even though I ordered 5 pair, we were only keeping one, but when I said as much to their CS rep who emailed me with the coupon, he said not to worry about it.

I am glad you are getting a new bag...it seems like a fluke, D&B is known for their high quality and durabiity.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Loooove Zappos. Really love VIP Zappos.