Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

I took DD @ 13 months, she had teeth pretty early so I thought I should have taken her sooner.
    E, Mama to "BabyDoll" 4/2011

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS1 started going at 3 and DS2 went for the first time a few months before he turned 3. We eat very well though and use xyilitol products so I've never had any concerns.

I think there's recommendations for children to be seen at one due to the increase in baby bottle tooth decay. I've seen mothers giving babies under one soda in their bottle and I think those are the kids that need to be seen as early as possible.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

True, but some kids are also genetically predisposed to cavities so despite no candy and no juice and "proper" dental hygiene, both my girls had cavities. DH was crushed until the pediatric dentist explained they both have deep grooves and DH checked himself. So parents shouldn't necessarily assume their kids have great teeth just because they're not giving soda or even any bottles at all. Kids who go to sleep after a bottle or nursing and don't get their gums/teeth wiped can also get cavities.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4