Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It took 2+ years to get pregnant with DS1. I was 36 when he was born. I was 38 when DS2 was born. I got pregnant the first time we had sex after deciding to try for a second child.

wallawala is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    It took 2+ years to get pregnant with DS1. I was 36 when he was born. I was 38 when DS2 was born. I got pregnant the first time we had sex after deciding to try for a second child.
    This is me exactly, except 38 w/DC1 and 40 with DC2.

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have been pregnant 4 times (1 miscarriage). I got pregnant the first month of trying with all 4 pregnancies, at ages 32, 34, and 37. My mom had a miscarriage at age 21 and did not get pregnant with me until she was 31, had my sister at 34.
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

maydaymommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

First time trying at 36 and 38.

Considering trying again now at 41.
    Last edited by maydaymommy; 09-11-2012 at 09:04 AM. Reason: add
    Big Brother 5/07
    Little Brother 9/09

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

IIRC, at 35 - 1st month (we actually were trying to prevent it, but missed the boat), 36 - 1st month, 38 - 2nd month.

First DC was conceived right after I turned 34. We had tried for 4-6 months, but once I used the OTC ovulation test kit, it happened right away. Second DC was conceived when I was 37 and was born after I turned 38. Since I had such success with the ovulation kit the first time, I used that right away again & we conceived within the first 1-2 months.

I think the big thing is knowing when you ovulate and eliminating some of the guess work. I think I figured out that I ovulate more like 10 days in vs 14 or something - I forget the exact numbers now. There are no apparent fertility issues on either side of my family.
    -----------------------
    Karen

38 with DS, 40 with upcoming DD. No meds, charting, etc....just sort of leaving it up to chance. I think there was about 3 months w/out bc with DS, and soon to be DD was actually a delightful oops after I miscalculated where I was in my cycle

Since I didn't have children earlier in life I can't speak to how much more difficult it is now than it would have been earlier, I think part of that depends on how healthy in general you are, how in shape, etc. I do have more trouble bouncing back from sleep deprivation than I did earlier in my life, that's for sure. And I'm feeling this pregnancy a lot more than DS, I think b/c I'm not in as good as shape as I was 2+ years ago, it's a lot harder to get the workouts in now....
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

I had DD when I was 36. Took three months to conceive because I hadn't figured out my ovulation yet (turned out I ovulate later in my cycle than I had expected). I had DS at 38 and conceived right away.
    Mama to DD 10/07 and DS 8/09

It took me 3 years with the help of an Endocrinologist (for a thyriod disease), my RE who helped me with 6 months of chlomid and IUIs, and a few sessions with an Acupuncturist for me to get pregnant with DD1 at 31. 2 years later, I had an ectopic pregnancy followed by a miscarriage. 2 months later, again with the help of my RE and chlomid, I got pregnant on the first try. And now, I am 35 (36 next month) and have just this week found out I am pregnant! Completely without the help of fertility treatments! I have to say I am still in shock, but oh so happy, if not a little nervous that DD2 won't yet be 2 when this baby is born!! I took/am taking Prometrium through the first trimester of each pregnancy.

Instantly with all three. First I was turning 34 and upgraded to a suite on a trip, one time unprotected. Had no idea I was pregnant for weeks. Number 2, maybe a month but no charting or anything. Number 3 was sort of a bonus, if not a surprise and literally one time without protection. Had a 40th bday baby. But everyone is different and my young, healthy relative has had a heartbreaking time.
    Last edited by HannaAddict; 09-14-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast