Default GoGo Kidz Travelmate question

If you have the carseat connected to the Travelmate, do you have to un-attach it at security?

I'm 99% sure that Stachio's carseat (EFTA) won't fit through the x-ray machine and they will have to inspect it separately. I'm wondering if they can inspect the carseat and travelmate together.

I'm trying to figure out if I will need to un-attach and re-attach after security.

TIA!
    --------
    DS - Adopted by loving parents 1995
    DS1 7/2009 ('Stachio)
    DS2 9/2011 (Peanut)

I borrowed one that I used with our Marathon for our last trip and I did have to take them apart to go through the X-ray machine. It was a bit of a pain bc the type we had borrowed was secured by a plate held on by screws that needed to be done and undone quickly, but we practiced at home a bit and it was ultimately not a huge problem.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just traveled with mine and did not have to take apart. I essentially told them the car seat would not fit through and asked for manual screening. They did it manually both ways.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It depends on TSA.

IIRC, we had to detach at EWR and PHX for hand-screening.

Practice attaching and detaching the seat before you leave; you'll go crazy otherwise.

The baby bucket, on the other hand, will be fine through the regular X-Ray machine. Just put the handle down.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Thanks everyone. We have the newer model that attaches and detaches pretty easily. I've practiced 2-3 times and had NO problem with it.

I figured that the bucket would fit through x-ray.
    --------
    DS - Adopted by loving parents 1995
    DS1 7/2009 ('Stachio)
    DS2 9/2011 (Peanut)