ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default MODS new board suggestion

I have seen quite a few relationship posts in the last year. Would it be possible to have a New board? A place for all questions relating to relationships, marriage, divorce?

We actually have a Suggestion Box forum so I'm going to move this thread there.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

There were a couple of offshoot boards about relationship advice. One was anonymous, one was not. Maybe someone involved in them can provide info?
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I remember the non-anonymous one. It shut down after a few weeks, if I'm not mistaken. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

I think it shut down for lack of activity.

I think it takes too much effort to go to a separate board for any topic.. I suspect most of us have time for one board which is the BBB and at least for me, it was too much trouble to keep track of another one.

----------------------------------------------------------------

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I think a relationship forum would be great - the Lounge seems too public and BP too after the fact. Too bad one got shut down.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No one forum is any less public than any other here in the board cuz we're a public board, so that doesn't really matter, a google is a google is a google, the forum doesn't impact privacy.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

I think when the OP said "new board" they just meant a new forum on the BBB, not a separate board or group not hosted on the BBB.

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    No one forum is any less public than any other here in the board cuz we're a public board, so that doesn't really matter, a google is a google is a google, the forum doesn't impact privacy.
    I didn't mean literally public, of course I know it's all "public." I just mean it feels more public because there are posts there about foods in fridges to baby toys, and it would feel odd to place a relationship vent post although I definitely don't mind reading them. Was just a thought!!

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I guess I just don't see the value of this particular subject, but it may have to do with how I view the board. I don't hang out in a forum and stay there, I click on "New Posts" and view it that way. I look at titles, not what forum it's in, I really don't care what forum it's in. But that's just me.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

Clarity is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    I guess I just don't see the value of this particular subject, but it may have to do with how I view the board. I don't hang out in a forum and stay there, I click on "New Posts" and view it that way. I look at titles, not what forum it's in, I really don't care what forum it's in. But that's just me.
    I admit that I don't understand the use of forums because I read and access posts in this same way.
    big girl 6/06
    little girl 9/08

"I'm not stupid; I just don't stop to proofread." (PRM?)