Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default "Mommy Calling Cards" -- obnoxius or practical?

I have $50 in credits to spend at Minted.com before the end of the month, and no particular need for personalized stationery. Most other stuff on the site (art prints, etc.) is still too expensive and I don't like anything enough to pay OOP. But I could get a set of "mommy calling cards," with my contact information and the kids' names, to hand out when I meet someone and need to give them my information. I think I'd feel a little pretentious if I did that, though.

What do y'all think? Would you secretly be laughing at a mom who handed you a "mommy" business card?
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

Mermanaid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Well if people laugh at me so be it! I've used them for the last several years and everyone typically responds well when handing them out. And it's so much easier to me than trying to exchange info on paper or via phone.

I don't hand out a ton. Maybe 15-20 a year on the high side.
    Jenn

My loves:
    DD 11/2004
    DS 6/2007

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have a set. I haven't given them to a mom yet!! (I'm shy). But they have come in handy for other stuff -- throwing into "win a free lunch" bowls, whenever I sign up at a new club, when I have to leave my name at a business, etc. I'm glad to have them.

Plus it was really fun to design. This is mine, but I made a custom design on back. http://www.zazzle.com/simple_grace_s...98932829147241
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I had some when I only had DS1. I would get odd looks from ppl. I think it depends on where you live. I also think I was ahead of my time 8 yrs ago...
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

This isn't quite the same, but I have regular business cards (with my professional info) that I frequently find myself handing out when I meet a cool mom at the playground or whatever. In fact, I've probably given more of them away to playground moms than to professional contacts! I think it's super convenient, and I'm always glad I have them with me when I run into a mom with kids who play well with mine. I've actually made several lasting friends that way! Not sure whether I'd feel self-conscious or weird if my cards were mommy cards instead of regular business cards, but either way I think they're really handy.

And though it hasn't happened, I don't think I'd find it off-putting if someone handed me one of her mommy cards. I think I'd think it was cute and clever!
    Mom to J 6/25/08 and M 6/21/11

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't have them but I think they are a good idea... A new mom that I met gave me one and I thought it was a great way to exchange info. I think like a PP said, it depends on where you live etc.
    DD Spring 2010

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have some I did myself on the computer with the Avery cards you can get at staples. But I love them and use them. People generally respond well to them.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

In theory they seem like a neat idea. However, in my area, I think you'd get weird looks. Only one mom ever offered me one. But my kids are older, so maybe they are used more nowadays amongst new moms.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

wendmatt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

They are a great idea, but I think a lot of people would think they are pretentious (me included and I like the idea )

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, but I'd find it odd and annoying. But I've never actually seen one.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast