Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Best Carrier for cradle position??

Ok, so I went to BBB today and was totally confused. I'm looking for the best carrier out there to be used primarily for the cradle position. I used the Pognae Korean SSC with my first DS, which I love love btw! Best one out there for petite moms. But I didn't use it until he was older. My now 2 month old son doesn't like it because he won't sleep upright even snug against my body in it. It's quite a hassle taking him anywhere because he hates his car seat too and won't sleep when we're out n about. Only way I can get him to sleep on an outing is swaddled in a Swaddle Me rocking him in my arms. My arms need some relief I looked at the Moby Wrap, Baby Balboa, Baby K'tan, & Joovy Baby Sling. I need something uncomplicated, comfortable for baby & me, & ,most importantly, supports the cradle position that he likes best. Any experience with these carriers? The Moby Wrap kind of intimidates me because it just looks complicated. I'm open to other suggestions as well. These were just the ones I saw at the store. TIA!!!
    Mommy to a "Fiery" DS we so lovingly call "The Beast" 12/31/08
    And our newest summer addition DS2 7/8/12

Smile

I found the Baby K'Tan to be uncomplicated.
    I liked the Moby but was afraid this long stretch of cloth would get dirty quickly in the city. The Baby K'Tan is the Moby light. It's already wrapped essentially and you put it over your head.

I found it comfortable and gave my son that comfy cozy feel he wanted.

I did find that with #1, she liked to be cradled alot. I didn't have the K'Tan then. I used a sling until she was old enough for the Ergo. I tried the infant insert but with my petite frame it didn't work out so well comfort wise.

With the K'Tan DS preferred the kangaroo care hold. He liked to be pressed against me.

Hope this helps.
    Mom, Wife and Finder of lost items
    AP-er, Breastfeeder, Babywearing, No Circ Mama

I just got the Baby K'tan to use with DD2 and so far so good. It's much easier than the moby wrap and DD2 seems to do ok in it. I was worried that it would be too tight but the fabric has a bit of stretch and DD2 seems comfortable enough.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We used our Maya wrap and KKAFP (Kangaroo Korner pouch) for cradle carry.

for Sandy Hook

ABO Mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The wrap will give you the most freedom in positioning her exactly how you want.

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a wrap, a Baby K'tan, a ring sling and a Beco Gemini. I think the K'tan is the easiest to use for your situation. My DD sleeps best in the K'tan and the Beco (but we do kangaroo carry)
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

Thank you everyone! I was leaning towards the K'tan so it's good to know some of you have had positive experiences with it. Has anyone heard anything about the Joovy Baby Sling?

I pink sparkly heart my k'tan. I just sold it to a friend and was soooo sad to see it go. I used it in the cradle position when DD was young, and then moved her around to other positions when she was ready. It lived in my car and was used all.the.time.

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    We used our Maya wrap and KKAFP (Kangaroo Korner pouch) for cradle carry.
    Never heard of the Kangaroo Korner pouch. Sounds interesting...can you tell me anything else about it? Did your babies prefer the Maya wrap or the KKAFP? How does the Maya wrap compare to the Moby wrap? Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    I pink sparkly heart my k'tan. I just sold it to a friend and was soooo sad to see it go. I used it in the cradle position when DD was young, and then moved her around to other positions when she was ready. It lived in my car and was used all.the.time.
    Thanks. Was it really easy to get on and off once you've used it a few times?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast