Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default When you say you can't feel your Diva cup....

do you mean you really can't? I've had my first cycle using my Lunette, and while it's not painful, I without a doubt know it's there. I compare it to the feeling of a full tampon, it feels like something large is inside me, and while it doesn't hurt, I'm wanting to constantly go in and take it out. I've never made it past 5hrs because it's just too annoying to keep it in any longer.

I'm not getting any leaking, and insertion and taking it out (the two parts I was stressing the most) are easy, however, it's not near as comfortable as a tampon.

Do you think it's the wrong size ( I have size 1), the wrong cup, not in far enough.....surely this isn't as good as it gets right?

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I haven't used the diva cup in a while, but I think feeling it is a sign that it's not positioned properly (assuming it's the right size/cup for you). I'd guess that it's not in far enough.

If my Diva cup is positioned properly, I really can not feel it. Sometimes the stem sticks out too far past my liking and that's annoying (I should cut it off), but I can't feel the cup itself if it's inside correctly. On my lighter days, I have to remind myself to remove it every 12 hours, because I could wear it longer, it's that comfortable.

My guess is also that your Lunette is probably not far in enough, but I'm no expert on menstrual cups.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wencit View Post
    If my Diva cup is positioned properly, I really can not feel it. Sometimes the stem sticks out too far past my liking and that's annoying (I should cut it off), but I can't feel the cup itself if it's inside correctly. On my lighter days, I have to remind myself to remove it every 12 hours, because I could wear it longer, it's that comfortable.
    Ya..I can't feel mine either. You must not have it in correctly. I did trim the stem when I got it just a smidgen.

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Same here. If it's in there really right, it's not at all noticeable.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

the stem is trimmed almost completely off, so it's not that. It's a feeling from the inside....I need to try a little further up maybe. I am a touch nervous trying to insert further up because I trimmed the stem off and worry about getting it out without much to hold on to.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't feel mine at all. I switched to the Lunette after my VBAC because I could feel my Diva and couldn't stand it!

Jupiter is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by okinawama View Post
    the stem is trimmed almost completely off, so it's not that. It's a feeling from the inside....I need to try a little further up maybe. I am a touch nervous trying to insert further up because I trimmed the stem off and worry about getting it out without much to hold on to.
    I wouldn't worry, when I put in the diva cup I push up and pull down a few times. This insures a good seal and comfort. If it goes too far you just have to reach further in and pinch the end. I don't have much of a tip so it is how I get it all the time. I have gone more than 12 hour because I completely forgot it was in. Trust me it won't get suck in there.
    early arrival on 2/3/13

So I did try and put it further in, and initially, I feel like it was more comfortable, but the longer I wear it (and I'm only talking a couple of hours...2-3) the more uncomfortable it becomes. Could it be possible that it's too small and it's kind of sliding down as time goes on? I did get a size 1 (mainly because on the lunette site it said go off of your flow, which mine is for the most part light and 2-3 days in length. Light flow was size 1), even though I've had a baby (1 vaginally and 1 c-section). Tonight after 3 hrs I was rushing home to take it out, but initially on my way out the door it was very comfortable and I didn't even really notice it.

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I wonder if you're just more sensitive down there? I can't ever recall feeling a tampon when it was inserted correctly - even when very full. Same goes for the diva when properly inserted.
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast