Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    mommyoftwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Panicked and overwhelmed

I used to be on here constantly but my youngest is 7 so haven't been on here regularly for a long time. After years of trying to get pregnant again we are pregnant with twins. It has been a very difficult pregnancy filled with many complications. I've been so scared about losing one or both babies that I put off doing any research or buying things. I'm now 21.5 weeks pregnant and we are hoping that I make it to 34 weeks. I'm the kind of person that likes to do extensive research on everything before deciding what I want. Yesterday I realized that I really don't have all that much time left and I'm on bed rest and will be for the rest of my pregnancy so I can't go try anything out in person. Plus I have to travel an hour away to get to a large enough city that has stores with baby gear. We live in a small town of 4,000. I know the furniture needs to be ordered asap. To top it all off I'm sleeping terribly (about 3-4 hours in 24) so my ability to concentrate and think rationally is severely compromised most days. It's been so long since I had a baby and I certainly have not had the experience of multiples before so I'm really feeling overwhelmed. I'm sure I will have some specific questions once I start doing some research but I would really appreciate suggestions on what to get. Here are the things that we do have.

One crib (need to order a matching one)
    One Ocean aquarium swing
    One Rainforest jumperoo
    one graco snug ride that expires in Dec 2013
    One dresser with changing pad
    a good selection of baby carriers (I saved them all from my girls)
    Some burp clothes, blankets, and bibs
    A handful of preemie and newborn onesies, sleepers and outfits.
    baby bedding
    diaper pail and wetbag for cloth diapers
    2 boppies
    purely yours breast pump but I expect to rent a hospital grade pump at least while they are in the NICU

I'm pretty sure that's it and it's a pretty pathetic list. We didn't have much worth saving from the girls. We can afford to get whatever we need but I want to get the most for my money and I hate overpaying for things or buying things that we don't need. Oh, one more thing. I expect these babies to be quite small and not grow quickly. My two girls who were full term (one was a week late!) were 6 pounders and grew very slowly. My youngest wore preemie clothes for almost 4 months. They are both still quite petite for their age.
    Last edited by mommyoftwo; 09-17-2012 at 09:38 PM.
    Jessica

Mommy to:

Amelia (11/21/03
    Linnea (9/1/05)
    Annaliese (12/21/12)
    Kirsten (12/21/12)