Default Baby Armchair Recs?

I'm looking to get a baby-sized armchair for my daughter, who is almost one. I've been looking at ones made by Pottery Barn and Land of Nod. Anyone have any experience with these brands, or any others? Would love to hear feedback!

Thanks!!

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...cklook#reviews

http://www.landofnod.com/ticking-nod-chair-pink/f9755

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

No experience with any of them, but thought I would throw out another option -- this one by Lands' End: http://www.landsend.com/pp/kids-soli...ml?sku_0=::ZTU

Looks like today's the last day for 40% off one item and free shipping over $50 too.
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

DS has the Pottery Barn one. It was a gift, and he loves it. It's very sturdy, but lightweight enough that he can lug it around. It's basically foam pieces in a cover, but it holds up to a lot of abuse. Lately DS has been turning it upside down and using it as a climbing structure/slide. It hasn't become deformed in any way yet. DH has sat in it, which is really amusing to see, and it has survived. What would you like to know specifically?

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have the oversized PBK anywhere chair. It is at least 7 years old (got it used) and still going strong with daily abuse from my 3 boys.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD LOVES her PBK anywhere chair.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

We love our PBK Anywhere chair. It gets tons of use. Someone here gave me a tip about searching for the chair using an adjusted product code (replacing the first number with a 6 I think) and you can get discounts on certain colors. I'm sure someone else will remember the trick.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have the PBK Anywhere Chair; it was DD's big gift from the ILs last Christmas. They spent the extra $$ to have it monogrammed, too.

She's peed on it, climbed on it, turned it upside down and my BROTHER (who is 6'6") has sat in it ... and it's still in great shape.

I love that the cover is machine washable. (Which reminds me that I need to wash it ... )
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DS has the PBK one, I'm amazed at how it has held up despite the way he treats it (thriws it, jumps on it, etc. ever.single.day for 3 years now).

I would advise you to buy the regular one, not the small one since it would be outgrown pretty soon. The regular one is small enough for a 1 yo yet can fit a 4-5 yo, too. We tried them both at the store and decided on the regular one because of that.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

Thanks for all the replies! I think we're going to go for the PBK. Good to know that so many people have had a good experience with it. Also, glad to hear the tip to get the full-sized chair. I was going to get the baby-sized, but that makes a lot more sense.

Go to http://www.uglysofa.com. They sell the seconds (or whatever) of PB slipcovers, and for the kids' chair they sell their own foam insert to go into the PB slipcover. I think it's less than half the price of the PBK chair.