Default Baby Jogger Glider Board

I have a 2008 BJCE from DD which I'll probably use for DS. DD will be a bit over 4 when DS arrives and we aren't a big stroller family but I'm a bit afraid that baby being in a stroller will trigger a new round of wanting to ride in the stroller. I just saw that BJ has a glider board which they say is compatible with the city series (and don't specify model year.) Should I consider this for an already 4 yo? She's currently ~35# and 38" and can walk when she feels like it but can also make herself a real pain when she doesn't.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

I don't think a board is a bad idea but you should know that sometimes boards don't work when you have to have the seat reclined for a baby. Since the seat then backs into the area that you need for the board rider.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

Quote Originally Posted by roseyloxs View Post
    I don't think a board is a bad idea but you should know that sometimes boards don't work when you have to have the seat reclined for a baby. Since the seat then backs into the area that you need for the board rider.
    Ah, this is what I was initally wondering about but I guess I got so caught up in whether she would use it/ would be too big for it that I forgot to ask this basic question. Thanks for the reminder! Does anyone know whether the glider board can be used with the city elite laying flat for a newborn?
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

logan's mom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have a 2008 City Classic. With the glider board attached and extended as far as possible from the stroller but son can just barely stand up. I also have to have the handbar all the way up so there is room for his head. I don't think there is any way to get the glider board far enough back to recline the baby.

Also, it doesn't look like you can fold the stroller flat with the glider board attached. I may be sending it back...

I am not a fan of riding boards, they usually make the push pretty bad and I kick all of them and I am short. But my biggest complaint is that when my 4yr old tuckered out he wanted a seat. He hated the boards, but it does depend on the kid. I like the single to doubles better since you can put the seat on or off. But maybe just wear the baby for 6 months and he won't want a ride then?
    Amber
    wife to one frugal DH
    mama to 2 curious boys
    DS1 Hollis 5/25/2007
    DS2 London 11/14/2009

Plus a newbie for summer 2013