brgnmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default talbots.com Customer service...

is sorely lacking. That is all I have to write at the moment, and I'm really taken aback by how the CS rep told me to just donate the item I'd like to return to Goodwill. I ordered the item in 2 different sizes. I have donated many things to charity, but I did not anticipate getting this sort of advice from a Talbots CS rep when I inquired about their online return policy.

nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by brgnmom View Post
    is sorely lacking. That is all I have to write at the moment, and I'm really taken aback by how the CS rep told me to just donate the item I'd like to return to Goodwill. I ordered the item in 2 different sizes. I have donated many things to charity, but I did not anticipate getting this sort of advice from a Talbots CS rep when I inquired about their online return policy.
    They have told me to donate stuff at the store too!!!! Like if I can't find my receipt.
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007

Quote Originally Posted by nupe View Post
    They have told me to donate stuff at the store too!!!! Like if I can't find my receipt.
    I have my online receipt - it's just ridiculous that they would recommend donating the other item I ordered in a different size. I live near a b&m Talbots store, but the online customer service rep said I wouldn't be able to return the online item there which is contrary to what is written on their online return policy link. sigh.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by brgnmom View Post
    I have my online receipt - it's just ridiculous that they would recommend donating the other item I ordered in a different size. I live near a b&m Talbots store, but the online customer service rep said I wouldn't be able to return the online item there which is contrary to what is written on their online return policy link. sigh.
    I have returned online purchases to B&M stores before. I would show up at the store with your receipt and the item and request a refund.

Grrrrr....Sounds like Talbots is really going down hill, they used to be known for their amazing customer service. The only reason I can think that you wouldn't be able to return it to a B&M store is that it was either a final sale or they have done something funny with their outlet store where it's no longer a real outlet, and now has different line of merchandise. Otherwise I have returned online orders at B&M many, many times.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

Thanks ladies for your support! I will try to stop by the local store and do the return there. The sales associates at my b&m store were helpful and nice when I went there during the sale, and it's such a stark contrast from the customer service I received over the phone yesterday for the online order. I guess they are two separate entities of Talbots though.

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I have returned online purchases to B&M stores before. I would show up at the store with your receipt and the item and request a refund.
    Yep did this maybe earlier this year - no problem.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

Hmmm, that's such a weird response from the CS rep! I have returned online purchases at B&M online stores a couple of times and have never had any problems. The sales associates were always very friendly and helpful. Like a PP said, I think the only reason why you wouldn't be able to return in a store is if it was a "final sale" clearance item. Good luck!

I returned an online order to the store recently. The sales associate did ask for a reason to enter, but was helpful and totally polite and it was no problem to do the return. I hope you have the same experience when you go in!

Catherine

Thanks so much again! Hopefully, I can go to the store this weekend. The ladies at the store were helpful when I was there and they know I placed an online order too. I think I was just unlucky with the cs rep I spoke to on the phone. I wasn't expecting that sort of advice either in that context.