Sweetum is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default x-post Organization ideas

As we are adding on all the services for DS (ABA, speech, social groups, OT, PT), and some of these are not directly funded by insurance (we are hoping to get reimbursements for some of them), I need to find a good system to keep track of the paperwork. Since I will be submitting to insurance and waiting for reimbursements, I am hoping I can have a system to keep track of paid, pending for each of these. I would love to hear any ideas for getting organized so I don't lose anything, can keep track of what has been paid and what is pending, and still be able to easily access or drop things in without much effort but with muddling them all up. Please also list any recommended products. thank you!

X-post in the special needs section.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have no idea if this would work, but I just saw this on sale at The Container Store and thought it sounded handy, maybe for homework stuff for DDs.

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/s...tm_source=chth
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

tabegle is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Physically organizing it, I don't know.

However, in terms of keeping track of unpaid bills, pending insurance claims, paid... I'd just throw all that data in an excel spreadsheet.

I ended up having to do that for all the bills that came after my dd was born.

I got so many duplicate hospital/doctor/pediatrician bills that said it had gone through insurance, but my EOB (explanation of benefits) still said that I owed less than the hospital.

I ended up putting the bill invoice number, received date, amount it said I owed, amount EOB said I owed, amount I paid if any, and current status. (Like if I called the hospital to tell them my EOB is still different than thier bill). I came so close to overpaying.

However, with DS, there were no issues with bills versus EOBs.
    Good luck!

Sweetum is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

thank you both! I love both ideas! I need to head to the container store tomorrow to check it out in person to make sure it's big enough. It seems like it's a something that can be made portable as well....