Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Think I need an AT stroller

I never needed an AT stroller with DD1, my BJCM was good enough for neighborhood walks. But with DD2, I'm always running around after DD1 and this time of year that means I am wheeling through pumpkin patches, around petting farms, and on gravel trails to play grounds. It would be used both days of the weekend in all likelihood. I don't run not even when chased, so that isn't a factor. I would like something where I could put a toddler board on the back for DD1 soon. I have an Odyssey so space isn't really an issue, although it would live in my car since I have no garage. My CL has tons of Bobs, is that my best bet? Any other suggestions? Or would getting the new rubber wheels for my B-ready be sufficient for these uses?

My current stash:
    Chicco Cortina (just about to sell that POS)
    2010 BJCM
    2011 Maclaren Volo
    2011 Britax B-ready (used as a double stroller)

If I got an AT, I would sell the Cortina and the BJCM to cover most of the cost.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Hemlock is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I LOVE my BOB and it will go over/through anything. I also have a 2012 B-Ready with the new wheels which I love, however I would not consider it AT. Sorry I have no experience with a board for either stroller. Coincidently, I also drive an Odyssey and I love the way my BOB folds up and fits nicely behind my third row.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock View Post
    I LOVE my BOB and it will go over/through anything. I also have a 2012 B-Ready with the new wheels which I love, however I would not consider it AT. Sorry I have no experience with a board for either stroller. Coincidently, I also drive an Odyssey and I love the way my BOB folds up and fits nicely behind my third row.
    Thank you! I'm totally lusting over this plum color: http://www.albeebaby.com/bob-revolut...ller-plum.html But only the orange, blue and brown/pink are on my CL

Hemlock is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Love the plum. The only thing I don't like about my BOB is the color - brown and orange . I bought is used for a great price, so I didn't get to pick the color. Once I had it and realized what a great stroller it was, I seriously considered selling it and buying a new one just to get a better color.

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I really like my Bumbleride Indie. I have definitely put it to the test on the farm and it's very smooth over rough terrain. It's also not hugely wide and I think the lightest AT stroller so it's easy for me to handle (I am under 100 lbs).

Also comes in fun colors! A lot of people love their BOBS though, you probably can't go too wrong whatever you decide!
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

Love my plum BOB. It rocks! Is definitely the best stroller I've owned. (I've had the BJCE and Vista in terms of nice strollers.) My older DD will sometimes sit in the footwell if she's tired.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'll be an instigator and your DH can hold that against me ... I think you need an AT. And I think a Bob is probably a good choice since your DD1 is so tall, and your DD2 probably will be too.

Of course, I say this and at the same time I've been totally not using my stroller lately at all because I just wear DS2 in the ergo all the time.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

Quote Originally Posted by mommylamb View Post
    I'll be an instigator and your DH can hold that against me ... I think you need an AT. And I think a Bob is probably a good choice since your DD1 is so tall, and your DD2 probably will be too.

Of course, I say this and at the same time I've been totally not using my stroller lately at all because I just wear DS2 in the ergo all the time.
    Actually DH wasn't totally opposed to this as long as I promised to sell two strollers (Cortina and BJCM). But I am loathe to say goodbye to my BJCM. I'm thinking of telling him that I will sell the Cortina and buy the Bob now but keep the BJCM until DD1 is bigger and ready for the Volo. Then I will conveniently forget/procrastinate on selling the BJCM for a few years. Strollers bring out the scheming in me.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would buy the Bob. Amazon had single Bobs on sale a few weeks ago for $320 vs. the $250 they were going for on CL in my area.

I would sell the Cortina, and the Volo. I honestly don't see how any kid could be comfortable in that stroller esp. in the heat with the mesh seat, but that is just me. If you want to keep the Volo though your DD1 at 2/1/2 is probably plenty big for it now.

Would you consider a Duallie AT? My girls were 4 yrs. apart, yet it still got lots of use up until the time DD1 was almost 6.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I have had a bob, MB Swift and Bumbleride indie. All good strollers. The indie was my favorite, but for the uses you are describing and no plans to use it for a newborn, I'd go used bob off of CL. (Or new if you can find a good deal.)

Catherine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast