Default Anyone have any good affirmations?

I like to keep them in my head. I don't know if they really help but the two I go back to are:

Nothing tastes as good as being thinner feels (I think I got that here), and

I eat to live, not live to eat

I'm really attempting a new relationship with food. I've been pretty good at exercising but food has always been my downfall. I'm diabetic and KNOW a low carb diet not only works well for me but is good for my health. I find when I stick to 1200-1500 calories a day I naturally end up lower carb (because i don't have all the empty calories on carbs!). I would like to see food as sustenance mainly (with an occasional treat or treat meal, rather than daily treats!). And I think that makes sense to me. No deprivation, I just need to work it into the counts and make sure I really want it and it's not just mindless chomping...

Anyhow, back to the affirmations! Any ones you really like?
    Debbie

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just last one, a coworker and I were making a plan to really try to instill certain healthy habits starting October 1. We are going to do a lap around our floor once in the morning and twice in the afternoon (after having read articles that the office/sedentary lifestyle is what is really bad for health), fill our water bottles twice a day, etc. Just healthy habits.

As we were laying out our plans, we were both saying something like "what will make this time different?" since we have started a hundred different diets over the courses of our lives.

And she said something like "Ok... well if we don't try something again, we can pretty much guarantee that we won't succeed" Or the inverse "You will absolutely not succeed if you don't try again".

Its not so much an affirmation... but it really resonated with us. If we don't try for the 101st time, we will never succeed.

I like that. I will remember that too. You can't succeed if you don't even try.
    Debbie

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

This is a great thread. It's not an affirmation, but I remind myself not to get too hung up on the number on the scale. I have a hard time losing weight. However in the past, while the scale is slow to move I notice that I lose inches and can size down. In some ways I sometimes think I should just store my scale away and go more by how my clothes fit.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't really have one for diet, but for workouts I like these...
    *" I am stronger than this challenge and this challenge is making me stronger
    * It's easier to wake up early and workout than it is to than look into the mirror and not like what you see
    * We are what we repeatedly do, Excellence therefore is not an act but a habbit

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

One more driveway.....
    It's about pushing through the pain, the burn with a visual that you are sprinting to the next driveway. Compliments of Ana White.
    Another...don't give up what you want most for what you want now
    Last edited by infomama; 10-22-2012 at 10:26 PM.

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

This isn't exactly an affirmation either, but has helped me a lot this past year. Like you, OP, I'm good at exercising, but find it difficult to be disciplined with eating. I generally only eat one of three breakfast, lunch and snack options I know work for me. Less options equal less having to think about my meals. When I feel too tempted to over eat, I give myself permission, but ask, "Okay, what is the LEAST I can eat and still feel satisfied?". Asking myself this each time has really helped, since it makes me more mindful of what I'm putting in my mouth. It's still so hard some days!

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I remind myself that it's about being healthy, not about being thin. It's about being healthy, not about a particular number or way that I look.