SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Nothing really fits

Gaining just a few lbs (like 5 or less) on my small 5'2" frame pushes me up a size. And I don't have anything in that size. I can wear what I have, they do fit but they don't feel good. I really upped the exercise after I made this discovery last week on the first day cool enough for jeans. So, I have complete size and body awareness right now. Brought into extra clarity today by the woman who asked when I was due. Moving forward...

I signed up for a half marathon so I have a goal. Just signed up today. My running has gone well; I can easily run 4 miles (not bad for having taken too many months off!). I have a routine of 2-3 days of running, 2-3 days of weights and intervals and maybe a day of yoga.

Anyway, this started in the BP but thought I'd list here to make myself accountable and get going with things. Discouraging few weeks but I know what to do.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I am a little over 5'3" and have the same exact issue. I think it's great that you're trying to get yourself back on track. I've gained weight back due to not jus one, but two separate knee injuries. It really stinks, since running really helps me for weight loss. At this point, I'm trying to do Zumba, Pilates an walking just to try to ease myself back into a workout routine again. Good luck with your half! It was on my bucket list, but at this point I'm not sure if my knees will be agreeable.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I can totally relate - I'm 5'4 but have a short torso and just 2 lbs makes my clothes tight I'm two months postpartum and have 7 lbs left of baby weight to lose and NONE of my clothes fit me - not shirts and not pants unless I use a bella band - and that only works on my very loosest pants.
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I can relate to the short/evey lb. matters issue. You have an awesome exercise plan! Fwiw, I don't think weight really factors into the stupid "when are you due comments". That's just people being rude and not too bright.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i can relate. 5 lbs or less definitely pushes me up a size..in pants definitely... alllll the weight goes to my tummy. so that on top of that i i have issues with gluten intolerance and certain foods that make me EXTREMELY bloated..during AF, i can't wear most of my pants and look 7 months pregnant. it's not even that much weight but on my frame it makes all the difference.

and i hate it when people ask me when i am due, that is the worst.

that's awesome you signed up for a half marathon. i'd like to do another one someday.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    I can relate to the short/evey lb. matters issue. You have an awesome exercise plan! Fwiw, I don't think weight really factors into the stupid "when are you due comments". That's just people being rude and not too bright.
    Alas, it was my wardrobe choice that highlighted my extra pounds- all of which are front and center in my belly. I could see the bump. Only a 3-4m bump but still there. She was a darned fool for saying such s thing and I told her all about it.