PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Bugaboo Strollers

What makes Bugaboo strollers special? What sets the a part from other strollers? I see they are so much more expensive that the Uppababys and Baby Joggers, but are they worth the extra cost??

Dawn

Absolutely worth it, IME. My only stroller for my first child was a Cameleon, and if I could have only one now, it would still be the Cam. I got a Bee+ for the car and travel as soon as it hit the market.

The push is unbeatable. I've been able to push one-handed with a kid in the stroller, another on the ride-on board, and the basket stuffed full (that goes for both my Bugs). They're narrow and fit easily in so many places, the Cam makes a great high chair on-the-go, I love the cosy bucket seat of the Cam, the height- and depth-adjustable seat on the Bee+, the removable/washable fabrics, the range of accessories....

The two-piece fold of the Cam is befuddling at first, but super easy once the logic is understood. The Bee+ is easy to open and close regardless of which way the seat is facing (and switching the seat direction could not be easier). I also love the ability to flip the handlebar on the Cam to change seating direction on the fly. And I have a very strong preference for handles that sped just height by telescoping rather than pivoting (because of my stride length).

They're very well made, and although others haven't had the same experience, Bugaboo c/s has always treated me very well. They even replaced my Cam chassis a few months ago - twice! The first replacement was damaged in shipping - even though I bought my Cam in 2006.

They are expensive, and the Vista and others I think now are getting to similar functionality so maybe the price differential is less justified. The accessories are speedy, but with the range available it makes it easy for the Cam to be a one-and-only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.
    Melanie

Mama, PhD, to: Baby Bear (September 2006); The Cub (November 2009); and three babies in heaven
    Favourite human to two Maine Coon cats
    I drive a Bugaboo Cameleon, a Bugaboo Bee+ (2010) and a Mutsy Urban Rider. Ooops, and a Chariot CX2, too! Oh, and a purple Starck Maclaren And oh, wait, I have *another* Bee+ (2011). How did I get six strollers?? Uh-oh, there's a P&T Dash in my living room - who put that there?

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have an Uppababy Vista and a Bugaboo Bee +, I used to think the Vista had a great push... and then I tried the Bee. Now I never want to use the Vista, it feels heavy and hard to steer! I also have toddler boards for both and I love pushing the Bee with DS (40 lb, 4.5 yo) on the board, but HATE pushing the Vista with him on the board, it's a beast. The Bee turns on a dime, and almost pushes itself.

The quality also seems slightly better, Bugaboo has more attention to detail, i.e. the Vista's welding looks kind of sloppy IMO, the Bee folds more smoothly, etc.

So, I do think they're totally worth it. So do all my friends, LOL, we all have Cams, Bee's and one of them has a Donkey (I'd totally get one for twins or closely spaced kids). I only like reversible strollers and I'm a push snob, and it seems Bugaboos are the reversibles with the best push.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thank you for your responses. I always see so many people rave about Bugaboos, so I'm curious. A year ago I was using and hating a Graco, but didn't know any better. I have a City Select that I enjoy as my double, but am looking at getting a single stroller for my tiny one year old. I'm very intrigued by the Bee, but am also considering the Cam since that would be great to use for a future baby as well.

Can the Bee fold with the seat facing the parent??

Dawn

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post

Can the Bee fold with the seat facing the parent??
    Yes it can

ETA: I know it sounds from by previous post like the Vista is not a good stroller, but it is, I LOVED it with DS, used on snow, bumpy sidewalks, grass It pushes very well and it's a great stroller (I had a Graco for 2 months and HATED it, decide to trade up). But the Bugaboos are even better.
    Last edited by edurnemk; 10-03-2012 at 11:03 PM.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

Its worth the price if you are a push snob (which is a term used with pride here). Bugaboos have the best push for a reversible seat stroller. Other strollers on the market have better features though (huge basket, canopies, easier/smaller fold, etc).

So it really depends which is more important to you. I have a bee+ because I really wanted a lightweight reversible and at first I had to get used to how much money I spent but now I have no doubt that it was worth every penny. The fold its fantastic and fits very nicely in my trunk. I haven't used it with a baby though my kids were already 18 months by the time I got it.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

I agreed with pp. I just miss a better canopy on my cam, but I am a push snob, so I always carry an extra blanket to drap over the canopy in case the sun is low enough to get in his eyes, a problem which wont be so bad when he can sit up and I don't have to tilt the seat.

Also, bugaboos have a great resale value on cl. I bought my 2007 for 300, it had been well used, but with a little cleaning works just as well as a brand new one.
    -Tess

DD1 4/07

DD2 1/09

DS1 2/12

Running in with a 2009 BOB Duallie Revolution in Navy

Running faster with a 2011 BOB Single Revolution in Plum

Sporting my 2010 Bugaboo Bee+ in Sage, definitely my guilty pleasure

Shopping with a 2010 Black BJCMD

Cruising in an 07 Acura MDX with a Britax Boulvard, Radian, and Graco Snugride all in a row!

I also started off with a vista, and found a bugaboo on cl. I just wanted to try it, but then fell in love with it. The push is wonderful on the frog, and it does well over rougher terrain. We have now passed on the vista to my cousin, and my frog 2006 gets used most days. They are well built, the one I have went through 3 kids before , and though cosmetically not perfect, it is mechanically sound.

ckelly is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I got a 2007 cam off CL a couple of weeks ago. The previous owner used it for 2 kids and its still in great condition. The quality justifies the high price tag and buying it used makes it not do bad. I paid $200 for mine and got all kinds of extras. It was a steal imo.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yes, the push really is as amazing as everyone says. Kind of like a BMW, where something like an uppa is a Lexus, if that makes any sense. That said, I do have some things about the bee I definitely find annoying, I should start a thread for future info!