Default Updated. Mac Triumph for $17...is this a steal?

I saw a blue Mac Triumph at the thift store today for $17, which seemed like a good deal...is it an amazing deal or just ok? I am happy with our current stroller stable, which is an MBUS, a P3, and an MBUD. 98% of our strolling is outside, hence the MBs. The Triumph looked so little and perfect for indoor use but I'd only get it if it was an amazing deal. I know almost nothing about Macs but did push it a bit and briefly looked it over. Push seemed fine (frame seems straight) fabrics are in good shape, etc. What else should I check? Should I go back tomorrow and snatch it up? TIA!

Update: I went back this morning shortly after they opened and another mom had just grabbed it. Another woman walked up and said she had thought about buying it, what a great deal it was, etc and the person buying it was really excited and sounded like she didn't even realize it was a nice brand. She had a baby with her, so I'm pretty sure she was buying it to use, not resell, and I'm glad she could get it since it sounded like she didn't have a stroller before. Annnnd DH is probably glad she got there first too thanks ladies!
    Last edited by MommyAllison; 10-05-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Go back and get it!! At that price it can be a travel stroller and you won't worry about it getting beat up by the airlines or a bad weather stroller.

ETA: We have a Quest and use it all the time for mall shopping and travel.

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What she said!
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

Ok you're talking me into it though we almost always road trip rather than fly!

I searched for more info on the triumph, and saw lots about the hinge recall, the change in brakes from toggle to step, and a buckle redesign. Are any of these things I should steer clear of? Also saw that the DOM should be on the frame - any model years to avoid? Are the fabrics machine washable? And if I buy it, how do I fold it so I don't look like an idiot in the parking lot? Thanks!
    Last edited by MommyAllison; 10-04-2012 at 09:33 PM.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

YES!!!!!!! Run back and get it now!!!!

athompson is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Buy it or tell me where it is and I'll go buy it