Default Which stroller from birth until age 3 or 4 ($350 budget)

I'm ready to purchase! My dd is 2 months old. I have a $350 budget. I'd like one stroller to last through our stroller years. This is my last child. I also have a 6 yr old. We live in a suburban area and will be using the stroller for parks, long walks, zoos, and other outings.

I'm leaning towards the BJCM GT. Is there anything else I should consider under $350?

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Used Bee+. Love mine much more than my BJCM (though I don't have the GT).

athompson is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I loved my BOB Revolution more than any stroller I owned. I didn't get it until DD was 15 months, but in hindsight it could have been my only stroller for all of my children.
    They also hold their value very well.

I have a GT. I love it. I also was considering a Bumbleride Indie and a Bob. In the end, I went with the GT because of the fold and its slightly smaller size. I would have been happy with any of those three, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickitojr View Post
    I'm ready to purchase! My dd is 2 months old. I have a $350 budget. I'd like one stroller to last through our stroller years. This is my last child. I also have a 6 yr old. We live in a suburban area and will be using the stroller for parks, long walks, zoos, and other outings.

I'm leaning towards the BJCM GT. Is there anything else I should consider under $350?
    Hi, for your budget and needs, I think you nailed a pretty good choice as an all-around indoor/outdoor stroller.

If you're looking only for outdoor and for optimal handling outdoors, you could go with Bumbleride Indie, Mountain Buggy Urban Jungle, BOB Revolution SE.

Those three have a bit less headroom than the City Mini GT, and they have larger/heavier folds, so that's the disadvantage. BOB also is in your budget, but the Bumbleride and Mountain Buggy are above it.

But in your price range, wanting it to last until preschool, and good as an "all around", again I think you're right on the money with the BJCMGT!
    Heather
    Owner, PeppyParents

lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I vote the BJCM GT! that would be my choice. It meets all of your needs.

Default bugaboo frog or cam

If you are opened to used, you could easily find a used frog or cam. I don't know if you would like a reversible seat but I love that feature. For 275, I purchased my frog with the bassinet, carseat adapter, rider board, basically everything I needed. My 3.5 year old still fits in the main seat and it is easy to push him, and my 18 month old likes how upright the seat can be. It is not as easy to fold up as the bjcmgt, and the seat is not as big, but I do not think another reversible exists that is as easy to push and is as well made as bugaboos. We use ours over rough sidewalks, the large back tires tackle various different terrain, so it should do well on your outdoor adventures.

I agree with hapimommy, our frog is definitely my fav stroller hands down. I have tried MANY. The GT didn't wow me, the push was not very good IMO and I really thought it felt heavy with the forever air tires. I like the 2 pieces of the frog, it make sit lighter to put in and out of the trunk and the push is amazing even with 38lbs.
    Amber
    wife to one frugal DH
    mama to 2 curious boys
    DS1 Hollis 5/25/2007
    DS2 London 11/14/2009

Plus a newbie for summer 2013