ArizonaGirl is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Make your own Pouch/Sling

I just wanted to post that I wanted to try a pouch/sling, but don't really have the $$ to buy one so I found a pattern online (below) and decided to try it. I am not at all good at sewing and consider myself a novice and it turned out great and DD loves it just like the Moby, but it is great for quick trips (easy on/easy off and not hot).

http://www.mammasmilk.com/babyslingpatterns

Hope someone finds this helpful...
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

ABO Mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Super! Also check on thebabywearer.com in the DIY forum for lots of help on making your own carrier.

OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

You can also use a scarf (or a short wrap if you have one)--look on youtube for Rebozo slip knots. It's almost exactly like a ring sling except no metal ring to bonk your baby with. You have to find the right material that is just slippy enough for an adjustable knot and just grippy enough to hold once you've got it where you want it. I was in a bind one time traveling and had left our carrier in the stroller we had checked in and I needed to wear the baby so I could hang onto our older son. I stopped and (over)paid for a scarf at one of the vending machines and tied a quick Rebozo and was on my way.