Default Anyone have the Motorola MBP36 video baby monitor?

We just got this as a gift and tried it out last night. It worked great right outside the boys' room, but when we came downstairs it said no signal and wouldn't work?! I read through the instructions and it said wi-fi can interfere, so we disconnected that to see if it was the problem, but it still didn't work. Same thing with our cordless phones. A monitor that costs that much should work on the other side of the neighborhood in my opinion! Has anyone else had a similar experience and found a way to fix it? I'm wondering if we maybe just got a lemon and might exchange it.

Jupiter is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I want to know too, I jut registered for it. Yikes!
    early arrival on 2/3/13

My SIL has it and says theirs works everywhere - in the basement, outside, etc. She loves it. I'm thinking ours must be bad or there's something else in our house I'm forgetting about. It's not like we have steel walls or anything! I'll exchange and then come back to report

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have the smaller one, mbp33, and it works everywhere except when it's sitting on my computer desk. It's a tower, but the wireless router is there too. I always attributed it to the fact that it's upstairs in our bonus room and is really far from the camera which is on the other side of the house, but now that I think about it, it works 5 feet from my desk so it must be the computer.

I exchanged it for a new one (exact same model) and it turns out that it was just a lemon! The new one works beautifully and so far I'm very happy with it!

Jupiter is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Oh awesome! So glad to hear that.
    early arrival on 2/3/13