Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS (will be almost 3) - Thomas trains
    DD - doll stroller, and maybe a pretend makeup set.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Another set of Magnatiles (they fight terribly over our one set and I think 100 pieces goes much too quickly as well)

Digital cameras so they can help take pics at Disneyland (bummed that I missed the VTech lightning deal last night!)

Their own luggage (still trying to figure this one out - what would be fun and actually practical to use for our trip)

Big girl beds with fun bedding (while they still fit fine, the converted cribs are getting a little cramped)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    (Now, if someone could point me to a how-to on making diapers for a 14" baby doll, I'm all ears!!!
    I have a feeling you want cloth diapers specifically but in case you don't- DD went through a looong phase where she was obsessed with changing her dolls' diapers. She was constantly taking her own diapers from her bedroom and using them on dolls and then getting into trouble for it. My sister had a great idea- she bought a package of preemie diapers for DD and she was totally thrilled!! They fit the dolls well and she could use them without getting in trouble She used and reused those diapers for a very long time!
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Another set of Magnatiles (they fight terribly over our one set and I think 100 pieces goes much too quickly as well)

Digital cameras so they can help take pics at Disneyland (bummed that I missed the VTech lightning deal last night!)

Their own luggage (still trying to figure this one out - what would be fun and actually practical to use for our trip)

Big girl beds with fun bedding (while they still fit fine, the converted cribs are getting a little cramped)
    any recs/ideas on a good camera?

iaam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    any recs/ideas on a good camera?
    We gave DS (then 4) a 'real' camera that we didn't need any more. It's fairly sturdy and has held up well in his hands. DD has a 'kid' camera (the Vtech still + video camera) and I can tell that she is way more enamored by the one that DS uses. Would you consider getting your DC a real camera? You can get several good ones for pretty cheap (either an older model or a refurbished one). When I looked on Amazon a few months ago, I found a few good options in the $50 range. You never know when you'll need to borrow it (think: on an outing and the battery in your camera is dead...)!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by iaam View Post
    We gave DS (then 4) a 'real' camera that we didn't need any more. It's fairly sturdy and has held up well in his hands. DD has a 'kid' camera (the Vtech still + video camera) and I can tell that she is way more enamored by the one that DS uses. Would you consider getting your DC a real camera? You can get several good ones for pretty cheap (either an older model or a refurbished one). When I looked on Amazon a few months ago, I found a few good options in the $50 range. You never know when you'll need to borrow it (think: on an outing and the battery in your camera is dead...)!
    We're considering the VTech one as well but I will admit that it did cross my mind to get them a (cheap) real one. But then I wondered - how would a 4yo manage to do the whole "hold the shutter button down halfway to focus, then press all the way to take the picture"? Or are there cheap digital cameras that do a good job taking pictures without having to do that?

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    We're considering the VTech one as well but I will admit that it did cross my mind to get them a (cheap) real one. But then I wondered - how would a 4yo manage to do the whole "hold the shutter button down halfway to focus, then press all the way to take the picture"? Or are there cheap digital cameras that do a good job taking pictures without having to do that?
    My kids got real cameras at 5 and did fine with taking pictures. They just point and push the button all the way. They don't do the half push. Their pictures are fine and they enjoy taking photos. Having a spare camera or two is nice as well.
    Kris

iaam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    My kids got real cameras at 5 and did fine with taking pictures. They just point and push the button all the way. They don't do the half push. Their pictures are fine and they enjoy taking photos. Having a spare camera or two is nice as well.
    Agree. The one DS has is actually a very nice Nikon (it fell and needed to be repaird by Nikon, but since we were going on vacation a few days later, we bought a replacement in addition to getting the first one fixed). The pictures he takes are just fine with one smooth click.

my daughter has my old digital camera (it's nice and chunky) and she takes cute pictures without too much instructions it's so funny to see the kids eye view-- she's been using that camera since last year right before she turned 4

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    I have a feeling you want cloth diapers specifically but in case you don't- DD went through a looong phase where she was obsessed with changing her dolls' diapers. She was constantly taking her own diapers from her bedroom and using them on dolls and then getting into trouble for it. My sister had a great idea- she bought a package of preemie diapers for DD and she was totally thrilled!! They fit the dolls well and she could use them without getting in trouble She used and reused those diapers for a very long time!
    Cloth is better so I don't have to spend any of my hard-earned money on Pampers, who seem to have cornered the market on Preemie diapers.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast