flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Sitting up in crib at night

The last few nights we have started having night wake ups. What happens is she end up sitting up in her crib when she wakes up during the night and then seems confused and doesn't go back down on her own. I only give it a few minutes because she looks so sad and starts to fall asleep sitting up, but jerks back awake. So I go in and lay her down or rock her. Should I be let her figure out how to get repositioned her back on her own? I have a feeling she will either cry or fall asleep sitting up and fall over if I don't rescue her.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

YOu don't need to rescue her. Worse that can happen is she tips over- onto a soft mattress from a short distance away. She'll figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    YOu don't need to rescue her. Worse that can happen is she tips over- onto a soft mattress from a short distance away. She'll figure it out.
    Green Tea, mom to three

kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Let her be. Really, unless she starts crying. She will figure it out eventually. We just went through this, (well kind of), but 11 mth old DS was pulling himself up into a standing position and getting stuck. After about a week and a half, he finally figured out how to get himself back down. If FlashyBaby begins really crying or is clearly distressed, by all means go help her, but most likely she will eventually lay back down and settle.
    Kelli
    Mom to 5 amazing kids (5 to 17 years)
    Mom of a cleft lip & palate warrior

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ok, I will let her be! Thank you..
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014