Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: OK...help

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Please, please, please feel free to ignore this but - in your shoes - I would try Ferber. DD was a terrible sleeper. I waited until 8.5 months (and me going INSANE) and it was shockingly effective, fast. I really wish I'd tried it earlier, for all of our sakes. Including her, she was better off getting that rest. For us, it was a completely turnaround after less than a week of charting. I believe Dr Ferber recommends it for 5.5 months and older.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    Please, please, please feel free to ignore this but - in your shoes - I would try Ferber. DD was a terrible sleeper. I waited until 8.5 months (and me going INSANE) and it was shockingly effective, fast. I really wish I'd tried it earlier, for all of our sakes. Including her, she was better off getting that rest. For us, it was a completely turnaround after less than a week of charting. I believe Dr Ferber recommends it for 5.5 months and older.
    I am interested in reading (again) exactly what Ferber entails. I am not against the idea necessarily. I'm just against letting him cry with no rhyme, reason or plan. Is there a website with all the info? I don't really feel like reading the book.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My doctor said something about other meds not being approved or something. I don't know. I am on-again off-again with her. Somedays I like her somedays I want to break up.

We do have a fan which I have always felt like made more noise that the machines but maybe I am wrong? Earlier he seemed to be really asleep and the floor creaked and he was awake. We are talking REALLY light sleeper.

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    We do have a fan which I have always felt like made more noise that the machines but maybe I am wrong? Earlier he seemed to be really asleep and the floor creaked and he was awake. We are talking REALLY light sleeper.
    We swear by fans here as well. It provides enough white noise to block out all the miscellaneous neighborhood sounds and screaming and running noises from my 3yo.

I am not anti CIO, but for me, if there was any question in my mind that his reflux was still causing him pain, there would be no way I could leave him to cry. I'd never leave my injured child alone to cry in his room, I view acid reflux pain as the same thing. It's acid burning his esophagus, that's painful, so CIO would be a no go unless I was absolutely sure he wasn't crying out in pain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2