♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default price of HA Playdress & Opposite Stripe Loose Leggings

Is it just me or did the price of the HA Playdress/Leggings sets really go up this year? I see in the newest catalog it is $60 total for the set ($38 for the dress, $22 for the loose leggings). Ouch. I swear that last year the dresses were only $50 total (something like $32 for the dress, $18 for the leggings?)...jump of $10. Not that last year I would have bought them at full price anyway (I let Grandma do that ).

I am just amazed at how pricey these sets are..though on the other hand...the fact that the price keeps increasing will help them have high resale value after kid outgrows them. I have been doing tons of ebaying lately (buying and selling) and am impressed though how well Playdresses (especially with matching leggings, socks etc) hold their value, especially in the larger sizes (90 and up). I've seen *used* sets go for $40+!

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

You're joking, right? $60 for a cotton dress and leggings, sheesh.
    I got two playdress/legging sets for DD a year ago at an Outlet sale for less than half that, and I think it was worth what I paid! Nicely made and cute. Nothing more.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    You're joking, right? $60 for a cotton dress and leggings, sheesh.
    I got two playdress/legging sets for DD a year ago at an Outlet sale for less than half that, and I think it was worth what I paid! Nicely made and cute. Nothing more.
    oh yeah it's crazy. i really like the HA Playdress style though...and i like the leggings and how they're so easy to get on and off, even with a big cloth diapered booty. while i can't afford to pay $60 for one outfit i've made it my mission though to acquire playdress sets for DD and have been stalking outlets, ebay....most i paid was $20 for the set ($10 a piece) from the outlets..usually i can get some EUC sets for $10-$15 (i've gotten at least 3 for $6 !)..which i think is worth it bc i can hopefully resell for at least half that...

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

They have definitely gone up for the second time since I bought the first one for DD1 in 2007. I think then the dresses were $32, and the leggings were $15 to $19. In 2009 was the last time I bought a non on sale playdress set and that was a s/s dress and capris, and it was $42-46 for both pieces. I think $60 is completely ludicrous.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh it's not just you.

HOWEVER ... I convinced MIL to come with me to the Hanna store last to get DD two new playdresses because the dresses were $28 in the holiday dress-and-sweater sale. She's shopping now for Christmas, so it's working out.

DD will have two new playdresses & leggings, a cute sweater dress and 2 new pairs of tights.

Plus, I just bought her another set of leggings, two pairs of tights and her Christmas dress, so I think we are set on Hanna 'til spring.

I've learned when the sales will be, so I plan to shop then. If I'm really smart next year, I'll buy gifts during the sales too!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle