Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

boolady-- caroline is GORGEOUS. i want her for myself... her coat set is DEFINITELY coming to live her... a present for *me*

i got Cecile last year.... she's so lovely and when her and Marie Grace came out last year i was literally enchanted I swear that part of my soul lives in New Orleans-- there stuff is so lovely. just lovelovelove!

then caroline...

AG gets me everytime i'll never catch up! oh wait-- was this about CHILDREN and dolls ?

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by brittone2 View Post
    That's cute. I know I wouldn't pay 60 for the sets on AG right now. 44 from Costco isn't too bad...I'm just not sure how much she'd enjoy it...hard for me to determine. I think she'd like it. At $20-30 or under, I'm quite sure it would be worth it

eta: when I saw those at costco, I didn't realize the book things came with it. I know we've purchased the "doll dining" activity book thing before for a friend (little restaurant pad, plates, etc.) and that is about $20 at full price. That makes the costco price more appealing to me. I might look for these on sale on the AG site and see how it compares to the costco price. Thanks for pointing out the book/activity set that comes with it, because I missed that initially. I literally only took 30 sec to look at Costco as DD was coming around the corner
    They have them at Sam's for $44 now too, in case someone is looking. They are big and heavy. I do think a lot of stuff come with them, accessories and a book, etc. I wouldn't pay $60, but might pay $44. That even seems like a lot to me.
    Kris

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

dd is 5 (will be 6 in Jan), and is in LOVE with AG. she has the bitty twins and bitty baby and carries around the catalog until it falls apart. i know she would be thrilled with a full size AG doll this christmas, but she is still pretty into the more baby doll aspect of the bitty and bitty twins, so i think i'm going to hold off. i love the books and dolls as a child, and can't wait to get dd one (or some...grin) of her own. its good to hear others dd's were into them at age 7 and 8, as i do want her to have plenty of time to enjoy them.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I saw the AG play sets at Costco today. They were definitely the Dining, Stage, and Plane sets that are sold for $60 at AG. I picked up the dining and plane set for DDs as possible Xmas gifts. Still undecided, but I do think DDs would like them, especially the plane one. Seems pricey even at $44 for a cardboard play set. But since AG is always pretty pricey, perhaps it is considered a good price.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DD is now all about Kaya! How do we find out which dolls are going to be discontinued? She's also been interested in Josefina, but would only be getting one doll. I'd hate to miss out on either one if they're going to be discontinued next year.

for Sandy Hook

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    DD is now all about Kaya! How do we find out which dolls are going to be discontinued? She's also been interested in Josefina, but would only be getting one doll. I'd hate to miss out on either one if they're going to be discontinued next year.
    People are just guessing which might get discontinued. I don't think anyone will know until it's announced. I think you'll have plenty of time to get one after it's announced. They won't just pull them from the shelves one day and say that's it. You'll get notice to buy before she's gone.
    Kris

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4